SystemRescueCD Download Bug

• I was going to post an issue on Github but saw it was required to post here first:

In OMV-Extras, kernel tab, the "Install SystemRescue" functionality does not download a valid ISO due to redirects (I believe it's actually downloading a 60K HTML page of the page it ends up on) which led to hours of wasted time trying to figure out why GRUB wouldn't launch into it with an "invalid file system" error. The file ends up getting saved with the correct filename and the GRUB entry is created as well, perhaps some better error checking or MD5 comparison should occur as a final step here to ensure a valid ISO is downloaded?

Here's the output of the "Install SystemRescue" popup which should be pretty self-explanatory to the redirects that are being followed:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was going to post an issue on Github but saw it was required to post here first:

This is an omv-extras issue and while I would prefer you post on the forum, I don't have those unnecessarily strict rules. - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…vault-omvextrasorg/issues

which led to hours of wasted time trying to figure out

Hours? Why not just post on the forum after the first five mins? I will fix the URL, SystemRescue moved back to sourceforge it seems. And I will see about adding a checksum.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

Hours? Why not just post on the forum after the first five mins?

Well it wasn't at all evident that this was an issue with the SystemRescue process/ISO as GRUB was telling me that I had an "unknown filesystem" and to "load the kernel first" so I went down that rabbit hole of figuring out what else was wrong with my system (as there were other issues I was trying to fix which neccessitated the use of SystemRescue in the first place).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well it wasn't at all evident that this was an issue with the SystemRescue process/ISO as GRUB was telling me that I had an "unknown filesystem" and to "load the kernel first" so I went down that rabbit hole of figuring out what else was wrong with my system (as there were other issues I was trying to fix which neccessitated the use of SystemRescue in the first place).

You should've just used gparted live then. It is almost as good as SystemRescue for recovering.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• You should've just used gparted live then. It is almost as good as SystemRescue for recovering.

Needed SSH unfortunately, but thanks for addressing this. Just didn't want others to experience this when they're already in need of SystemRescue and in some state of disrepair as the root issue was quite elusive (as everything looks normal at a high level).

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras 5.5.4 will check sha256sum of downloaded iso now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!