Login Error and Reappearing Deleted Log Files

• After resolving some issues with system updates the other day that I posted about separately, I went to login to my server again today and after entering my username and password I am presented with the following error:

At first I tried a few different things, like clearing the web cache via omv-firstaid and clearing my local web browser cache, but no luck with either. I then rebooted my server to find that even the login screen would no longer come up. This, I've noted in the past, typically seems to be an issue with my /var/log partition being full and/or some sub-directories being missing. I went to check that, cleared out some old logs, and created a couple of sub-directories that were missing reported in syslog (nginx and samba). Then I restarted those two services and got the login screen to come back up, but still get the same error.

So, I once again tried rebooting to see if that might work, but had the same issue, and went to check /var/log again and all the old log files I deleted were there again.  Since then I've repeated this process a few times, as well as attempting to resinstall omvextras (based on a similar issue and resolution I saw on another post), but to no avail, and with the same strange behavior of not being able to truly delete the old log files gunking up my /var/log partition (which may or may not actually be a problem, but is still very strange).

Looking for any advice to maybe get things going again. Not really sure what to try next.

Odroid XU4
    8TB Main Data | 3x3TB Backup Data
    OMV 5.6.2-1
    Docker | Plex | MergerFS | Rsync

• Thank you. I tried searching several different ways and never managed to stumble on either of those.

Odroid XU4
    8TB Main Data | 3x3TB Backup Data
    OMV 5.6.2-1
    Docker | Plex | MergerFS | Rsync

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!