Snapraid on a large array with Unionfs - can you assign parity drives to specific Unionfs JBOD?

• I have inherited a large Supermicro system with 24 4TB hard drives. I have installed OMV 5 and really like it. I have created two apparent single drive using Unionfs, each of 10 drives, which for this post, I'm going to dub each individual Unionfs "drive" as an individual JBOD (what is the proper terminology?) This leaves 4 drives for parity. However, I desire to not have snapraid mix and match the files across the two individual JBODs. Instead, I would like to assign 2 of the drives as parity to one ten-disk JBOD and the other two to the second JBOD. I cannot seem to figure out how to do this in snapraid, any suggestions?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't have two snapraid "arrays" with the plugin. You would need to create a second config file and execute commands against that config file for the second array.

That said, snapraid isn't mixing files across the two mergerfs pools. It is just putting parity calculations for the files on each of the parity drives. Trying to keep this separate seems like more of hassle than just letting snapraid do its thing.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!