creating symlinks to mergerfs pool fails

• Hi,

i was trying to create a symlink to a mergerfs pool under /srv/xxxxxxxxxxxx to /mnt/pool01 via the gui plugin. it always throws either the error "the folder is not empty" (probably because i was confusing source and destination) and "Folder or directory already exists!". The reason for the symlink is so i can have a custom mount point (name) for this pool for easier integration into docker/portainer and transferring containers between nodes and not having to rewrite the uuid in the bind mounts every time.

how can i make this symlink (i want to do it in the gui so i can better remember it)

any tips?

thank your very much in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

how can i make this symlink (i want to do it in the gui so i can better remember it)

any tips?

I just created a symlink to one of my mergerfs pools. See image. The /mnt/pool01 directory should not exist when making a symlink.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!