Server shuts down even though I am working on it (Autoshutdown)

• Hello to all,

I hope I am writing in the right section of the forum.

I have my home server with OMV5. Portainer is also running there and various containers are already controlled there. I also manage the "Emby" media server there.

For the home server I use the plugin "Autoshutdown" to shut down the server and not leave it on 24/7.

However, this is not really well set up. For example, if I open Portainer myself and enter and edit something in it, the server may shut down before I have finished in Portainer.

In the meantime, I seem to have been able to set it so that when I watch a film via Emby, the server does not shut down. However, if I'm only logged in like this and I'm looking at pictures in Emby, for example, then the computer shuts down.

So far I have tried to specify the port numbers of the containers (e.g. 8096 for Emby) in the sockets for "Autoshutdown", because I thought that this would help against the shutdown and I could then work until there was no activity.

I have posted the "Autoshutdown" settings as picture attachments here so that you can see how it is currently set. (The pictures show German script, but should be comprehensible).

What other settings can I make or change so that the server does not shut down when working in Portainer or viewing images in Emby?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem seems to be, "viewing pictures" doesn't require spooling much data from a hard drive and there's not much in CPU utilization.
    That leaves you to hunt for the right settings.

In General Settings:
    You might increase the number of cycles to 8 (I'd try this first)

In Supervision Configuration:
    You might reduce the default HDDIO rate.

While monitoring the server with HTOP or something similar, look at the level of CPU activity generated by viewing pictures. With that information in hand, consider activating and setting the Load Average.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!