Union Filesystem - New union is not displaying drive contents

• I have two HDDs, sdb and sdc. sdb has about 8TB of data and sdc is blank. This OMV box is for Plex, so I wanted to join the two drives to expand my space. both sdb and sdc are currently set as Samba Shares and I can navigate them in Windows without issue and can see the data on sdb.

I installed Union Filesystem and added them both to a new union (PlexData01UFS), created the shared folder (PlexMedia01UFS), and added the share to the Samba space. When I went to the share in Windows, I at least expected to see the contents of sdb in there, but it is blank. The union's Create Policy is set to Most Free Space currently, but I also tried Existing Path, Most Free Space with the same result.

If it matters, the existing shares for sdb and sdc are still in place. I tried creating a new folder in the PlexMedia01UFS share, in hopes it may magically show up under sdb or sdc, but it did not.

What am I missing here? If I use Windows and go to the share properties of PlexMedia01UFS, it does show that there is 8+TB of used space, but for whatever reason it is simply not displaying the existing content, and as far as I can tell, it is not writing new content (did a test folder and test txt file within PlexMedia01UFS)) onto either of the existing drives.

The files systems are set for Everyone read/write access and Public policy is Guest Allow on the shares. Currently the only services accessing the disks are on my Windows machine: Sonarr, Radarr, and Plex, via the existing share on drive sdb.

• What am I missing here

You need to check your directory/file user permissions in Shared Folders (not SMB/CIFS)

Ensure that group or user has at least read/execute permissions on all directory/folders that make up the union.

Directory listing (ls command) requires execute permissions.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!