rsync running very slowly

• I am running rsync on a 1.5TB folder ->AUFS share. The 1.5TB folder is mounted via USB 2.0 external hard drive.

Code
    sudo rsync -avz --stats /media/1a694689-638c-3bae-9120-688277c5ddb2/Movies/  /media/SharedMedia/

I did sudo to try and avoid any issues with "failed to set times".

It is taking 2-5 minutes to process each file that already exists in the directory. The first 10 files I did via samba over the network, stopped it and decided to go directly connected via USB. This was done via ssh.

It's also now showing any 'stats' like it should (MB/sec, etc.). I thought it should be plowing through these existing files very quickly and then show progress as it transfers actual files over. What am I doing wrong?

• I'm having the same issue with my Synology Nas. Really really slow. I don't know how I can "debug" it.
    I execute this command from OMV ssh session (is a pull rsync. source synology target omv):

Code
    rsync -avz --delete -e ssh utente@192.168.0.50:/volume1/smb/dati/ /media/AufsPool/smb/dati/

Edit: I tried to create a rsync task in the webgui, but i failed. I think is a password/privilege issue... just a guess.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!