Can't Write, Create, or Delete from SMB/CIFS

• New user here. I am having some configuration issues and have not been able to find the answer so far. Clean install of OMV 5 on a 2014 Mac Mini. I have mounted and shared 2 volumes: one is an external drive with data formatted HFSPlus. The other is external ext4. The shares are set to "Everyone Read/Write"

I enabled SMB and set up shares for both of these drives as Only Guests.

From a Mac in my home network, I can connect to both shares, drill into folders and read files. I cannot create or delete to any directory in the shares. This holds when I am logged in as a guest as well as a named user with Read/Write to those directories. Screenshots below. Any ideas what I can do to have Write, Create, Delete permissions for this share?

• Offizieller Beitrag

one is an external drive with data formatted HFSPlus

This is problem #1. There are permissions assigned to this drive that are not POSIX compliant. If you want to save the data, connect the drive to a Mac, share the data to the network, and copy it onto OMV's EXT4 drive.

On the EXT4 drive:
    For help with setting up an SMB (Samba) network share, with permissions that are open to all, -> this section of the Users Guide will walk you through the process.

To tighten up permissions and to learn more about permissions assignment in OMV's GUI, -> this document should be of some assistance.

• Thanks for your reply. I ended up rsync'ing the HFSPlus drive to the EXT4 drive. All good, but now the owner and group of everything is 99. Is it safe to CHOWN it to root:users?

I should add that the purpose of all the files and directories I moved is just to be consumed by a Plex server in Docker.

• Offizieller Beitrag

All good, but now the owner and group of everything is 99

99? Is "99" a user or are you still dealing with HPFS? HPFS may be be problematic, if permissions are changed in the future. While it may work, to some degree, I'm not sure how OMV would assign file permissions on an HPFS drive.

If you're setting up "Linux" permissions on the CLI;

−−chown=root:users

−−chmod=0775  

0775 gives "Others" (everyone) Read. Users get Write.

0777 gives Write access to everyone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!