Replacing disk in Raid1 [OMV6] - entry not visible

• ... we will see ...

Meanwhile I rewrite the backup- image to the system- drive (there isn't OMV in).

After apt update (sourcelist is filled with the OMV repro) I got a error that I haven't last time. May you know to solve that (have tralslated it by google)?

Greetz

Micha

Translation from my Avatar: To err is human. But to build real shit you need a computer

• Meanwhile I rewrite the backup- image to the system- drive (there isn't OMV in)

:/ you never, or rather I would never restore a backup to an existing working system, always restore to another drive. How did you create the backup image, but that error is something I'm not familiar with

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• ... the image is hardcore created: Unplug system drive, plug into other machine, create ISO by AOMEI Backupper

Greetz

Micha

Translation from my Avatar: To err is human. But to build real shit you need a computer

• create ISO by AOMEI Backupper

That's a windows piece of software, if you're using windows you should use Win32DiskImager to create a a disk image, this image can be used to 'write' the .img file to a drive of the same size. It is what I use and I rotate 32GB flash drives

• The User got the same problem on other hardware

That's correct as he was using an SBC but following the installation for amd64, he then states that the missing package is from Buster -> OMV5, which is not available on Bullseye -> OMV6

• That's correct as he was using an SBC but following the installation for amd64, he then states that the missing package is from Buster -> OMV5, which is not available on Bullseye -> OMV6

... stop a moment ...

On my other thread some weeks ago someone tell me that OMV6/usul will be used via apt if it based on Debian 11 and OMV5 if Debian 10 is the base...

So if Debian 11 the base and OMV6 runs on it why OMV try to use a package what only exist in Debian 10???

Greetz

Micha

• Ok lets go back to this ->

Meanwhile I rewrite the backup- image to the system- drive (there isn't OMV in)

that suggests to me that is not a back up of a previous OMV, because this ->

root @ SV-OMVNAS: ~ # apt install openmediavault

is not the way to install OMV

• And why is that describe here?

It's not, the installation in the docs is based upon using Debian NetInst on an amd64 system which really is not necessary unless a user has issues with OMV's ISO

OK lets go back, what is your hardware?

• Supermicro X10SLL-F, XEON E3-1220, 64gb ECC RAM, 2 x SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon], 12-bay 19"

is based upon using Debian NetInst on an amd64

... jepp. Exactly what I have do around 3 weeks ago and meanwhile right now again. Image is "debian-11.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso"

Greetz

Micha

• Image is "debian-11.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso"

OMV image is NOT that one.

And to install the way you did:

Installation on Debian — openmediavault 6.x.y documentation

• Based upon your system that would explain why you completed a Debian NetInst first :) and the image you have restored is Debian Bullseye

But there should be no reason why you couldn't use the install script

sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

this would install OMV on your netinst, this was something I tested when I was on OMV4 before moving to OMV5 and it worked flawlessly.

• And select the Image you want to burn. OMV5 or OMV6, your choice.

• ... ok ...

Maybe it's because of my bad English or because I'm just stupid ...

Soma:

You say "OMV image is NOT that one.", but do not say why it is not. That don't help me any further.

In the further you refer to https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html where exactly the same is what I have already linked above and what I have now oriented myself every time. So doesn't help either.

geaves:

The link to the installation script is empty (404, not found).

So I summarize briefly:

:start

There are detailed instructions under https://openmediavault.readthe…stallation/on_debian.html, after which I was able to set up an executable system about three weeks ago without any problems and which also links to the Debian image, which I use here. Now it says, however, that the instructions are wrong, but the correct link again refers to exactly the same page and is then correct ...

goto start;

Sorry, but that's not how I get a step forward ... except my frustration ...

Greetz

Micha

• Maybe it's because of my bad English or because I'm just stupid

Not at all, I do find it difficult to explain something when there is a difference in language, and my Dutch (guessing here) is not good, it wasn't great 40 years ago when I was in Holland, but I got by

• Don't use the link just copy and paste the complete line

... for shure ...

Code
    root@SV-OMVNAS:~ # wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install
    --2021-11-19 20:13:46--  https://github.com/OpenMediaVa%E2%80%A6Script/raw/master/install
    Resolving github.com (github.com)... 140.82.121.4
    Connecting to github.com (github.com)|140.82.121.4|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2021-11-19 20:13:47 ERROR 404: Not Found.

root@SV-OMVNAS:~ #

... ahhh, I see... Dot's are not so good for that LOL

Code
    % [Connected to nav.dl.sourceforge.net (5.154.224.27)]

... that every time runs on an timeout ...

Greetz

Micha

Edited once, last by M*I*B ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!