After cutting over to a new OMV 5 build the OMV GUI stopped working. I did perform an upgrade to 5.6.22-1 and it seemed as if the OMV UI was still working. I rebooted my server and it would seem that the UI no longer responds.
All other services are fine, SSH, Portainer, dockers are working fine, just no OMV GUI.
The page is attempting to load but I am not prompted for my credentials and the page just continues to "load" in the browser.
I have tried two different browsers, Firefox-Normal and Private mode (95.0.2) and Safari (14.1.2) and both are showing the same issue. Also tried on my iPad and same result.
I have been searching for a few hours on what my be the cause and solution but have had no luck.
Steps I have taken so far:
1) Updated OMV, via apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault, now running OMV 5.6.23-1 - No luck UI still not completing load.
2) I have changed the permissions on the /var/lib/php/sessions directory per another thread - No luck UI still not completing load.
3) I have changed the port in omv-firstaid to a different port and the same issue occurs, site is there, never receive a login prompt and the page does not complete.
4) I have cleared the web control panel cache via OMV-Firstaid, same result
5) I have added the following line to the /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params, no luck
6) I purged omvextras package and reinstalled omvextras as outlined in this thread, ryecoaaron post. no luck.
7) I have rebooted the server, no luck
Would anyone happen to have some ideas to point me too on why this is happening?
Update: for some reason it started working perhaps it needed a few hours to complete something within one of the upgrades?
I am still posting my questions for input by the more experienced community and of course it may happen again and advice will help me capture needed information.
Thanks and sorry for the wall of text.