NFS share won’t mount on boot?

• Hi!

I just did a fresh install of OMV5 (it was time to move on from OMV4). I primarily use it for Plex, with my media being stored on another server and shared over NFS. I installed omv-extras and remote mount and successfully connected to my nfs share, but it seems that the share won’t mount automatically after a reboot…

I could have lived with that if all that was required was to manually mount the share after a reboot, but unfortunately it also causes some trouble for the Plex container in docker. After a reboot I then have to mount the share in remote mount, launch the portainer web-ui, and then restart the Plex container. - A bit too many hoops to jump through in my opinion…

Any ideas on what’s going on with my remote mount? Can I make the NFS share mount automatically?

Grateful for any advice!

Edit: Fixed it. I added “auto” to the flags in the nfs entry of /etc/fstab and it did the trick. For some reason, it seems that it defaults to “noauto” if the auto flag isn’t explicitly in the fstab entry.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JanOnDemand () aus folgendem Grund: Fixed the problem, added my solution

• If you only need the share for plex, define a nfs volume, which is mounted on container start.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• If you only need the share for plex, define a nfs volume, which is mounted on container start.

That is worth considering. However, just in case there are other services and operations I would like to run in the future, I would prefer if it was available for the rest of the system as well. Does remote mount really not mount things on boot at all?

• What is the output of cat /etc/fstab on both machines?

There’s nothing relevant in the fstab on my file server, but here’s the relevant line from my OMV-installation

192.168.111.92:/volumes/Media              /srv/7d0ce838-39fc-466c-834b-4bee365af1b4    nfs     rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,nofail      0 0

• Fixed it. I added “auto” to the flags in the nfs entry of /etc/fstab and it did the trick. For some reason, it seems that it defaults to “noauto” if the auto flag isn’t explicitly in the fstab entry.

• JanOnDemand

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!