Transfer a snapraid config to another system

• OMV version: OMV5

Hardware: RaspberryPI4

Snapraid 4x4tb -> 3xData and 1xParity

Hello,

as i say in the topic header already, i am currently running a Raspberry pi 4 with a snapraid in OMV.

I am planning to change to debian 64bit so i need to reinstall OMV, and now my big question. How can i transfer my snapraid config to my new system or how can i backup the current snapraid config and plug it in when i resetted my PI4.?

Is there any way of doing it? I know that snapraid should be transferable because it is not bounded by OMV or whatever application. But i totally have no experience with it and don't know how to do it that i don't mess up anything. Of course the data on it is back uped but i don't want go through the whole setup and retransfer my 10tb of data over 2 weeks. So a more easy solution would be good.

I have set up the snapraid with the plugins unionfilefs and snapraid in OMV. If i can plug and play put it in after i changed the OS and reinstalled OMV then how OMV is gonna find out or know what settings i did in snapraid and unionfilefs and if not then how i can tell it OMV so it accepts my snapraid same as before without destroying everything.

Any pros or experts with experience here, to guide me or tell me if it will work and if so then how.

This was my second NAS build so no i am not a pro so please don't hate me for being still a beginner.

I would appreciate every help :)

• Copaxy

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • OK, I haven't done this myself, but I'm using a snapraid + mergerfs config, and one of the reasons I do so is that the files themselves are stored as they would be in a single disk system.

So if it doesn't work after just installing the old disks with the new system, all you need to do is to rebuild the parity disk (OK, might take an afternoon) and reconfigure the union directories. You should only have to remember the ID of your parity disk so you don't use a data disk as new parity disk. ;)

• OK, I haven't done this myself, but I'm using a snapraid + mergerfs config, and one of the reasons I do so is that the files themselves are stored as they would be in a single disk system.

So if it doesn't work after just installing the old disks with the new system, all you need to do is to rebuild the parity disk (OK, might take an afternoon) and reconfigure the union directories. You should only have to remember the ID of your parity disk so you don't use a data disk as new parity disk. ;)

Okey thanks for the information. I will try that soon. I am just a bit scared i mess something up. So i just need to reconfigure the plugins as before and it should work right? i will try it

• Copaxy

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!