SMB Security Exploit?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am totally with you: a basic level of security is not to hard to achieve, but one has to have the right attitude for that and not "I just want it to work".

Yep. Just the basics would stop this SMB exploit.

Along the lines of, "I just want it to work", you know what they say... "You can lead a horse to water..." To be proactive, the Permissions doc was an attempt to take some of the mystery out of how to setup access control.

What i fear more than some hacker are mobile devices which are allowed to connectinto my network coming with some ransomeware on it.

As it is right now, I have an unsecured wireless network for visitors with smart phones, that feeds into it's own router. That net does not have access to my LAN which is on a separate router. (I can grant visitor access to my LAN if needed, temporarily, but there's been no need to do so, so far.)

I've been avoiding SMART phones because they're security nightmares. Further, I can't see any practical reason for allowing them access to my LAN. The screens are way too small for video and, for audio, I'm not a fan of ear buds. I like big honking Hi-Fi speakers with multiple tweeters, horn mid-ranges and 12" woofers.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!