Black screen after GRUB menu

• Hi, new to omv n linux, so i decided to install debian to install omv on top of but had issues with installing omv when i got to the terminal so got the omv 6 iso and used that to install instead. currently i have omv 6 installed. the installation was fine with no errors but after booting and reaching the grub menu i select debian and it just gives errors about device descriptor read/64 error -32. after searching, an old post i saw mentioned to turn iommu on after doing this i get errors about amd-vi io page fault and xhci stuff that i didnt catch then it loses connection to my tv briefly then appears again but now just black. on my router its not showing the desktop as connected to it even though its connected by ethernet so i cant even acess the web gui. ive tried disabling uefi boot but that didnt do anything. as for the boot drives i only have the ssd i installed on but have 3 showing up. one for debian, one named the ssd model and third one for realtek pxe b03 d00.

my specs are an GA-970A-UD3Pmotherboard, an AMD FX 6350 and a radeon hd 7850 which stopped working with drivers when i used to use the pc. i thought this could be a problem as it only displayed when drivers werent installed but i still couldnt see the desktop show up on the router after removing the hdmi.

Edit: noticed after plugging the installiation usb into my main pc that the partition created by etcher for the installation got overwritten, and went from 400mb down to 3, with grub files and cfgs under a folder named boot and efi. could that be an issue too?

Final edit: After trying to get the installation working, i ended up giving up and got debian 11 installed with omv 6 on top. not sure why omv 6 installation was causing issues but with debian installed everything just worked

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!