Is there a guide to in place upgrade?

• Sry for the delayed reply - Im a Firefighter and was working nights.

So yes it is working and I have accepted the pending to be able to use OMV 6. I have quite a few red I think errors which I have attached a picture of.

What would you suggest dealing with first? The TeamViewer problem? As when I go to Plugins they don't show up

• What would you suggest dealing with first?

One step at a time:

Your plugins aren't showing and it's a reported issue.

After you sort that one, the plugins list should be populated and you'll see what is installed and not.

As for the Teamviewer situation, even if it's uninstalled, an error will occur when checking for updates.

The way to clean it is removing the repo from the file /etc/apt/omvextras.list like I explained.

Once you have these sorted, run again and post on a codebox, the output of omv-upgrade to confirm the repos are in a good condition.

Then we'll deal with the RPC errors, ;)

• How do I run the script just copy and paste it into terminal whilst logged in as root or save it and run it in root

Ive copied and pasted it and got this but cant do anything else

Really wishing I never Upgraded now as its only part working and I am not very good at this stuff. I have a lot on my server - its all backed up but would take months to redo if I have to fresh install and put everything back on the drives

Code
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.

[Process completed]
  • How do I run the script just copy and paste it into terminal whilst logged in as root or save it and run it in root

Connect via SSH and paste this (run as root)

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/fix5to6upgrade | sudo bash

Wait for it to finish until you see this:

Code
    Rebuild apt index ...
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of plugins ...
    Rebuild OMV pam config ...
    No diversion 'any diversion of /etc/pam.d/openmediavault', none removed.
    No diversion 'any diversion of /etc/pam.d/openmediavault-common-auth', none removed.
    No diversion 'any diversion of /etc/pam.d/openmediavault-webgui', none removed.
    Done.
  • Really wishing I never Upgraded now as its only part working and I am not very good at this stuff.

Your systems is in a "NOT SO BAD" situation.

Only thing about it was the amount of unneeded stuff that you installed and needs to be cleaned.

As a safety measure, you should have a backup of the OS even in the current state that it is.

Since you say you have backups, I hope you also mean a backup of the OS

• Connect via SSH and paste this (run as root)

wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/master/fix5to6upgrade | sudo bash

Wait for it to finish until you see this:

Code
    Rebuild apt index ...
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of plugins ...
    Rebuild OMV pam config ...
    No diversion 'any diversion of /etc/pam.d/openmediavault', none removed.
    No diversion 'any diversion of /etc/pam.d/openmediavault-common-auth', none removed.
    No diversion 'any diversion of /etc/pam.d/openmediavault-webgui', none removed.
    Done.

So Ive been able to do this and result is below

• So Ive been able to do this and result is below

That is normal so it's done.

OMV Plugin - No display of plugins - Plugins - openmediavault

You should now see the plugins on the GUI, correct?

Then, clean or comment the line of teamviewer to clear the error (I assume you don't need TeamViewer for nothing)

nano /etc/apt/omvextras.list

Put a # in front of the line of teamviewer.

Ctrl+O, Enter and then Ctrl+X

Now, run omv-upgrade and post the output on a codebox </>

I honestly dont think I have a OS backup but if at the end of all this once the system is upgraded correctly and working could you advise me how to do this

We'll sail that boat after the above is done, ;)

• That is normal so it's done.

OMV Plugin - No display of plugins - Plugins - openmediavault

You should now see the plugins on the GUI, correct?

Yes the Plug-ins are showing.

Regarding

Then, clean or comment the line of teamviewer to clear the error (I assume you don't need TeamViewer for nothing)

nano /etc/apt/omvextras.list

Put a # in front of the line of teamviewer.

Ctrl+O, Enter and then Ctrl+X

Do I do this in the GUI or in terminal. I have tried Terminal and it brings up the nano editor which I dont know what to do anything with - can't I view it in OMV6 Plug-ins and delete from there?

• Do I do this in the GUI or in terminal. I have tried Terminal and it brings up the nano editor which I dont know what to do anything with - can't I view it in OMV6 Plug-ins and delete from there?

You can't edit files on the GUI, sorry

You need to run this on the Terminal

What is the output of cat /etc/apt/omvextras.list?

• Im running it in terminal ssh into root

Sorry, my bad.

It's cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list

• Sorry, my bad.

It's cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list

Code
    cat /etc/apt/omvextras.list
    cat: /etc/apt/omvextras.list: No such file or directory
    root@ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list
    deb https://openmediavault-plugin-developers.github.io/packages/debian shaitan main
    deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye stable

Also do I have access to Docker and Portainer in this version of OMV

• root@ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omvextras.list deb

https://openmediavault-plugin-…github.io/packages/debian shaitan main

deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/debian bullseye stable

Perfect.

And now, the output of omv-upgrade

• Perfect.

And now, the output of omv-upgrade

• DNUKaen

And this is where it now shows the problems with having ALL PLUGINS installed, ;)

Post the output of dpkg --list | grep openme

• DNUKaen

And this is where it now shows the problems with having ALL PLUGINS installed, ;)

Post the output of dpkg --list | grep openme

• DNUKaen

From that list, those plugins on v5 need to be removed

The only one that you CAN NOT touch is the ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

This is mandatory to have and is always v1.

Not only that but if there are plugins there that you are sure you don't use, just uninstall them.

The less is more on this, ;)

Do one plugin at a time on the OMV GUI:

Make sure it's not needed and not enabled.

Select it and uninstall it.

Wait for the Yellow Banner on the top (if it shows, some plugins won't) and accept the changes.

Only move to the next plugin once you finished the previous.

• Cool. Less is more!!! How would I know if I need or not? And I do this through the GUI right? I know I used Unionfilesystems and OMV-Extras I used from the previous version. Also do I have access to Portainer and updating that as well as Docker as I did in the previous version

Have you a list of what is advised to have and I will keep them

• How would I know if I need or not?

That one only you can answer. It depends on the plugins/services you used while on OMV5.

In case of doubt, just check the GUI and scroll through it to see what services are enabled.

If they're disabled, you're not using them.

And I do this through the GUI right?

Yes. Just uninstall the plugin via the plugins page.

Although, the one's that are showing v5, probably will have to be removed via command line.

I know I used Unixxxx Cant remember the name and OMV-Extras I used from the previous version

If you mean UnionFilesystems ii openmediavault-unionfilesystems 5.1.4, it shows still installed.

That plugin was changed along with the mergerfs to a different name and way to use.

If you have a pool of disks, this will make changes on the folders/services you have.

Don't touch this one, until the last.

I will need help on that one. And can ask after.

Also do I have access to Portainer and updating that as well as Docker as I did in the previous version

You should.

Have you tried it already?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!