KVM Network Bridge not getting DHCP only static address

• Hi all,

First time post and new to the Forum.

I have setup OMV6 and been using it for sometime now and love it :)

I have install KVM Plugin, have i have created a New Bridge network, but im not able to get DHCP to work on static address, if i complete a static address with in a VM im able to access my network.

I have 2 network cards setup and a bonded network and i have also setup a br0 network see screenshot below, dont sure it this is write? following this post [How-To] Use the Openmediavault-KVM plugin

Then i have gone to Service -> KVM -> Networks and created a macvtap named the macvtap = bridge and slected the br0 network bridge i created and clicked on Add, it created the netowork the i have activated it, but i have notice the the DHCP Range is Disabled?

how can i get the DHCP work that it automaticly gets an ip from my Router and stead of making ever VM with a Static address?

Hoping someone will beable to help and thank you in advaced.

• docfactory If you create a bridge on a bond, the bond should not have an ip. So, disable the static ip on your bond0 interface.

To use the bridge interface with KVM virtual machines read this ref: [How-To] Use the Openmediavault-KVM plugin

Pay attention to this para:

Zitat
      • Add the new network interface to your VM. You should not create an interface in KVM, macvtap or any other.
        • If you already have a VM created stop it, remove the current interface assigned and simply select your VM and click on Devices and then Add Network. In Model change virtio to bridge. In Bridge look for the network interface created in OMV, it will be br0 (or similar). Press Save.
        • If you are creating a new VM, in the Network Section change virtio to bridge. In the next field select your br0 network interface.

Whether your bridge is assigned a static IP address, or uses DHCP, your VM's should be able get an IP from your router in this configuration.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!