Few questions about SMART & Energy Saver of HD

• Hello !

In first, I would like to thank all the work to create this wonderfull distribution ! :D You're amazing guys !

However, I've some questions about Physical Disk section.

I wondered myself what do those numbers mean ? (we can see 2 same entries, "Consommation intermédiaire avec mise en veille" but with 2 different numbers - 64 & 127 - oO) I don't understand what could be the best for my usage and how adjust that.

Can someone explain me a little more about these features ?

Thanks a lot in advance to take time to read me and for your answer !

Cordially.

Raptor.

PS : As you can see, I'm french and english is not my first langage (you know frenchies are the best in English over the world :lol: ) so please sorry for my terrible English :roll:

• Hello !

Thanks a lot for your answer !

I just saw your link and I have understood a lot of news things about Advanced power Management in Linux, thanks for that !

I would like to put another question if you allow me :D

indeed, in the table mentioned in your link, we can see that the time to enter in standby mode for hard drives is defined by the value selected (value set to 128 --> 640 sec to enter in standby mode & no spindown for instance). But in OMV, there is another enter to define the spindown time, what it is exactly ? Isn't there any conflict between those 2 parameters ?

Thanks again for your time !

Cordially,

Raptor.

• Hi,

I ask you to have some advice on this part of the configuration.
    On my side i have 4 SATA driver on RAID5 and 2 SATA drive on RAID1.

For the driver parameter i just put the spin down value to 20 minutes for videos (RAID5) and 10 minutes for audio/Photo (RAID1).
    Do you think that i have to modify my configuration ?

Thanks for your advices

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

• I known that this is an old post but i really want to know how to parameter the physical section of my hard disk.
    Do i have to confiture it for disk used by raid ?
    How can i use the best parameter, link to the disk type ?

Thanks

OMV Erasmus (always the last version) - version:AMD64 - noyau:4.7.0 - CPU:AMD II X2 250 - RAM:8Gb - RAID1 and RAID5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!