SSH and Incoming Connections

• Hey!

So, within my SAME LAN (192.168.5.0) I can SSH into the OMV on Port 66 no problem... BUT ANY time I try to connect to it via OUTSIDE (Internet) I get a no connection.

Before I get too out of control...

I have 2 NIC's enabled

PRIMARY - 192.168.2.101 - goes to a VPN Router

SECONDARY - 192.168.5.43 - goes to the Home LAN (192.168.5.0)

Is there a chance on earth that IT (OMV/Debian) does not let "outside" (anything not on it's Network) connect via SECOND NIC?

Like, being that NIC 1 is the "primary" connection does it somehow know that NIC 2 is not, and won't let outside connect? I know that is a weird question but me and Cisco Tech Support can NOT figure this out and they are "confident" it is not the Cisco FPR NGFW.

• How are you connecting from the outside to 192.168.2.101?

It does not make sense to connect from the internet to a local IP address range.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• I probably said this wrong, I apologize.

For privacy sake, NIC1 (primary) connects to a VPN Router for anonymity. Transmission and such. 192.168.2.101

NIC2 connects to my local LAN/Internet NON VPN Router. 192.168.5.43.

The 192.168.5.43 connects to an SG500X Switch which connects back to my Cisco FPR1010. That address is x.x.x.182. So, from OUTSIDE I try to ssh x.x.x.182 Port 66 which translates to 192.168.5.43.

But it does not connect keeps timing out!

When I’m another device on the same lan, 192.168.5.0, it can ssh port 66, so it is open.

With Cisco we have done so many variations of ACL and NAT but NOTHING let’s us through.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!