Samba read-only shares don't change status after providing credentials

• Hi,

I think this might be my first post. If so, thank you for OMV.

I was wondering if there is a setting I am completely missing with regards to Samba and if someone could possibly offer some advice please?

• I have several read-only shares set-up for the family, which work as they should.
    • I have a share call Sandbox which everyone can read and write to, which works as it should.
    • I have one private share which only I can access, once I provide my credentials. This also works as it should.

My problem is that I after providing my credentials I was expecting to have write access to all the read-only folders.

Historically, I've been able to do this from both Windows 10 and Ubuntu connecting to OMV. All was working fine with OMV5.x but my upgrade to OMV6 failed resulting in me having to start again.

I have been reading up any articles or YouTube videos, but I haven't found the answer I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can help please?

Regards.

XtC

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!