Drives are inaccessible

• If the docker root is on ther mergerfs you should stop or better remove docker, move the docker root to a single disk and start all over.

We can help to save the containers confguration if you tell us how you are managing your containers.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• No need, I guess.

But if you pointed the docker root to mergerfs, I don't know what it will cause.

Just try to remount the mergerfs now.

Tried to remount and still same error

• OK, found the root cause in #15

Code
    May 25 22:20:34 Tank systemd[1]: Mounting MergerFS mount for Data...
    May 25 22:20:34 Tank mount[609377]: fuse: mountpoint is not empty
    May 25 22:20:34 Tank mount[609377]: fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use 

Can you check what files are in /srv/mergerfs/Data? To me it looks like some process (probably a docker container) as written data there when the mergerfs was not mounted. So now the directory is not empty and can not be used as a mount point for fuse.

Move the files in /srv/mergerfs/Data to some other place, mount the mergerfs and try to copy the data back (if you need it).

Be carefull to decide what to do with the data and consider wisely if it is safe to merge.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• These are the folders in /srv/mergerfs/Data

total 32

drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 May 22 20:18 .

drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 Apr 1 03:00 ..

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 22 20:18 Anime

drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4096 May 22 20:18 Config

drwxr-xr-x 5 admin users 4096 May 22 20:18 Downloads

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 22 20:18 Movies

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 22 20:18 Music

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 22 20:18 Shows

How move the files from there? how can access it?

• Find out how much space you need:

cd /srv/mergerfs/Data

du -h -d1 .

Do you have a preffered place where to move it?

mv /srv/mergerfs/Data/* /som/path/made/to/temporarily/store/the/data

• Does this means my files are gone?

Code
    15M     ./Config
    16K     ./Downloads
    4.0K    ./Movies
    4.0K    ./Anime
    4.0K    ./Shows
    4.0K    ./Music
    15M     .

Edit:

I used this command to move Music folder at least to local folder

mv /srv/mergerfs/Data/Music/* /F:\recovery

but it says

Code
    mv: cannot stat '/srv/mergerfs/Data/Music/*': No such file or directory
  • This means yourfiles are stored elsewhere. F: is a Windws drive.

Assuming your os disk is large enough for additional 15MB:

mkdir -p /root/Backup/Data

systemctl stop docker

systemctl disable docker

systemctl mask docker

mv /srv/mergerfs/Data/*  /root/Backup/Data

in the Web UI apply

ls -l /srv/mergerfs/Data

If your files are there, reboot and

systemctl unmask docker

systemctl enable docker

systemctl start docker

be happy

If one command gives an error, do not continue, but post, will be back tomorrow.

• Now I can access my files, you're a life saver

didn't apply this command

in the Web UI apply

ls -l /srv/mergerfs/Data

cause I don't know how to apply it from Web UI, anyhow, I rather backup my data and do fresh install to avoid any future so if there is any advice for my fresh install then let me know, Thank you very much and thank you too Soma.

• Chipp

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • no need to do a fresh install. I meant "hit appl" in the web ui to apply pending changes. You are back to business.

Your files have never been in danger.

Backing up is always a good idea.

• After restarting the server and restarting Docker the problem has returned, good thing I backed up the important files, so is it save to use mergerfs or better avoid it ? and Soma said to not use it for docker containers config files.

• Post the logs again.

Did you move the containers away from the mergers?

• I didn't do anything with containers, just restarted OMV and Docker, every time I restart OMV it won't run unless I press ctrl+d on keyboard ever since this issue started.

Here the logs:

Code
    ls -l /srv/mergerfs/Data
    total 0

Code
    blkid
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="cb4bb7d3-ee94-430f-8bd0-b512d24ed5b6" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="1f9a0d9b-4c6d-48a8-91e5-23764f891a8d"
    /dev/sda1: UUID="ff77aeaf-2037-426d-9eca-996de8bb0b08" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="bebcd1c7-bc9a-4707-a083-898c2efc409a"
    /dev/sdd1: UUID="b6081524-e919-47a2-b2e6-1e62fc51cf8e" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="7820d684-01"
    /dev/sdd5: UUID="ad30def0-045f-44d4-84f6-4310f039f254" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="7820d684-05"
    /dev/sdb1: UUID="cdab85bc-8264-45a9-9cd9-d198bfa7091f" BLOCK_SIZE="4096" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="fd44920d-97c8-45c7-9a45-81a644cc0f33"

Code
    ls -lah /srv/mergerfs
    total 12K
    drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4.0K Apr  1 03:00 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4.0K Apr  1 02:54 ..
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K May 26 00:20 Data
  • Btw, last thing I was doing before this happened I was transferring data from OMV to my synology, I didn't make any upgrade, not sure if I install any updates, last thing I did before a few days ago was making some Cloudflare tunnels like in this video:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Don't know if this related to my issue or not, just to point that out.

• I mean the logs you posted in #15. Something is happening during boot which does not allow the mergerfs to be mounted.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Zoki ()

• Here

Code
    ls -lah /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-cb4bb7d3-ee94-430f-8bd0-b512d24ed5b6
    total 40K
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Apr  1 03:01 .
    drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 4.0K Apr  1 02:54 ..
    -rw------- 1 root root 6.0K May 26 12:18 aquota.group
    -rw------- 1 root root 6.0K May 26 12:18 aquota.user
    drwx------ 2 root root  16K Apr  1 02:52 lost+found

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!