Standard OMV update, reboot, now can't even access via SSH (possible bad MergerFS drive)

• So I was running OMV, and using Yacht to manage some Docker containers. My Emby setup had started acting up just a bit. I decided to reboot the OMV server, then afterwards, I performed a standard update to OMV (now at v. 5.6.26-1). I rebooted again. This time though, I couldn't pull up the web GUI for OMV. I couldn't even SSH into the box. I hooked up a monitor and keyboard and checked the logs. Here's the error messages I found....

ERROR MESSAGES

- APEI: Can not request [mem 0xbf7aa760-0xbf7aa7b3] for APEI BERT registers

- openmediavault blkmapd[352]: open pipe file /run/roc_pipefs/nfs/blocklayout failed: No such file or directory

- openmediavault systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device /dev/disk/by-uuid/ac008c9f-b214-43e4-bfbe-3cad670b2b9e.

I'm using MergerFS, and the device it's waiting for is 1 of my WD 8TB drives. It is spinning, but I'm not able to access it. If I'm remembering correctly, my setup is as follows: OMV is installed on the 500GB WD drive, then I have my Docker containers installed on the Crucial 1 TB SSD. All the rest of the drives are part single pool using Snapraid and MergerFS.

Any help would be much appreciated.

SD-IDMAKEMODELSERIAL NUMBERTYPEADV-SIZELOCATION
    :?: (issue drive)Western DigitalWD80EDAZ-11TA3A0VGJ9ML8GSATA HDD8 TBFront 1
    sdbWestern DigitalWD80EDAZ-11TA3A0VGJH8ZPGSATA HDD8 TBFront 2
    sdcWestern DigitalWD10EADSWCAV53127560SATA HDD1 TBSide 1
    sddWestern DigitalWD1001FALSWMATV3847315SATA HDD1 TBSide 2
    sdfSeagateST1000DM003Z4Y94GBZSATA HDD1 TBSide 3
    sdgSeagateST8000DM004-2CX188ZCT2DE18SATA HDD8 TBSide 4
    sdeWestern DigitalWD5000AAKX-753CA1WMAYUW449726SATA HDD500 GBSide 5
    sdaCrucialCT1000MX500SSD11919E201E9E0SATA SSD1 TBSide 6
  • ParishMills

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • I should also add that after rebooting, the server reports....

"You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type "jornalctl -xb" to view system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl default" or "exit" to boot into default mode..... Give root password for maintenance.

• You are in emergency mode.

mount -o remount,rw /

comment out the mergerfs from /etc/fstab

reboot

fix your drive.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• SOLVED!

Zoki,

You were correct. Thank you!

nano /etc/fstab

Comment out all the drives, and I was able to log back into the gui, and ssh into the server. I was then able to see what drive was giving me the issue.

Also, a reminder to those using shucked drives. If you disconnect a shucked drive, be certain that when reconnecting that if it has tape on the 3rd pin for the 3.3V fix, that the tape is still there.

• ParishMills

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!