monitoring error with grafana, node-exporter, prometheus, cadvisor

• Hello,

Can someone help me with the following problem? I have deployed a prometheus+node exporter+cadvisor+grafana stack with portainer to monitor a fresh OMV6 install and running containers using 2 youtube tutorials:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

The problem is that the graph that suppose to show memory usage and memory cached for running containers displays 0 B. I have search the forum and the internet but I'm still stuck. In the grafana webgui I have imported dashboards 14282 (below image) and 1860.

I've have added port 9100 to ''node exporter section'' since it was not accessible through the browser at first. Here is my own cooked up docker compose:

Here is my etc/prometheus/prometheus.yml file:

All dockers are running, are accessible through the browser. When I browse to node exporter on 192.168.1.100:9100 the following is listed (amongst many others) :

Code
    # HELP node_memory_Cached_bytes Memory information field Cached_bytes.
    # TYPE node_memory_Cached_bytes gauge
    node_memory_Cached_bytes 1.372033024e+10

So all the memory data including memory_cached is being gathered right?

When I browse to cAdvisor on 192.168.1.100:8080 and look at the ''docker containers'' section all is listed and when selecting qbittorrent a new page appears with the following metrics:

* On a side note. For those who want to try it out but have already a container running that uses port 8080 like qBittorrent should change the torrent container to something else like 8081 since I was not able to change port 8080 in the above stack successfully. It resulted in cadvisor not being accessible in the browser.

Thanks in advance.

• I am not going to replicate that all, but you may be able to nail the cause down by checking the query in the grafana dashboard. Check if the requested value is in the dB with a different name.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!