Windows not detecting Ownership

• I recently moved most of my files to OMV. I think I'm using a pretty standard setup, shared folder, new user with rwx perms, smb share of that folder, add the user to Windows' Credential Manager. The permissions are working properly, I can create new files and run executables just fine, both from Windows and on the server.

The problems start when I run stuff that checks ownership, e.g. newer versions of git.

Code
    fatal: unsafe repository ('//VAULT/<path>' is owned by someone else)
    To add an exception for this directory, call:

git config --global --add safe.directory '%(prefix)///VAULT/<path>'

(I know I can disable this feature in git, but I'm having issues in other programs too, want to fix the root cause).

Doing a ls -l on the server shows everything's owned by root and the users group. Checking Properties -> Security -> Advanced in Windows shows the owner as Unix User\root, and Unix Group\users has full control - Windows is properly being told about the owners. I tried doing a chown -R apple1417 <repo> on a whim, which updates the owner in Windows to VAULT\apple1417, but I still get the same errors from git (+ other programs). My Windows user account is also just called apple1417, but seems it's not associating the two accounts with each other? Any ideas how I can fix this?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!