Error when editing MergerFS filesystem

• Hello !

First, thank you for all the great work ! It will be the 8th anniversary of my OMV NAS in october 8| and I rarely face bugs that I can't solve by myself :)

When I try to edit the "Usage Warning Threshold" value of my MergerFS filesystem, I have the following error :

I have found old threads about similar issues but they didn't help me a lot.

Do you know a way to fix this ?

English isn't my native language, so, sorry if I make mistakes ^^

OMV 7.0.3-1 | Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64 | openmediavault-omvextrasorg 7.0

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jroch74 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will have to look into this. The mergerfs backend is causing this.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since mergerfs (and remotemount) are using systemd instead of fstab, I guess I could add the setting in the mergerfs plugin. You would have to edit it in the mergerfs plugin. I'm not sure a filesystem usage warning makes sense for mergerfs because all of the underlying drives will have a limit set.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I use this drives as "cache" one day they can be at 5% and the next day at 100%.

The warning is helpful in this case, if I can't have it this way, I will try to have it with another way but I prefer a clean setup and an option directly on the OMV WebUI ^^

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use this drives as "cache" one day they can be at 5% and the next day at 100%.

The warning is helpful in this cas

I understand. As an example, if the three drives that make up the pool have their warning limits set at 95%, that would be almost the same as the pool having a warning limit set at 95%.

an option directly on the OMV WebUI

When I said edit it in the mergerfs plugin, that is in the OMV web interface.

• I understand. As an example, if the three drives that make up the pool have their warning limits set at 95%, that would be almost the same as the pool having a warning limit set at 95%.

Not false :P

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!