dpgk lock files after update

• Hi,

I recently upgraded from OMV 5 to 6, managed to resolve some minor issues, but I keep getting problems with updates: there's always "Error 500: The package resource is held by another process".

In another thread I found the suggestion to remove the dpkg lock files manually, which I did, but after every update process, it's the same again.

Any suggestions?

• OK, to add some more information: The problem is exactly as described here:

The problematic files are:

Code
    /var/lib/dpkg/lock
    /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
    /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

/var/lib/dpkg lock even reappears after a reboot (deleted the file, rebooted immediately, and it's back).

Does this help anyone help me? ;)

Edit: I tried everything suggested in the thread by jofen; the result remains: I can install updates / plugins from the cl, but not from the web-ui. I presst shift-ctrl-r a dozen of times, rebooted the NAS just as many times. Still no change.

• OK, I found the solution here:

Seems like it was the omv-mkworkbench or the folder2ram...

Just in case someone has the same problem later.

• Sean

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

omv-mkworkbench doesn't do anything with apt or dpkg.

folder2ram might be the issue if the system was improperly shutdown. Doing sudo folder2ram -syncall after the removal of the lock might help.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!