Error when trying to connect to shared folders using a Mac

• Hello all,

I've set a few shared folders up on OMV and I have mapped them in Windows (for me), on a MacBook Pro Laptop (daughter), and am attempting to do the same on my wife's MacBook Air Laptop.

So: Finder > Cmd-K > enter IP address, click "Connect".

Wife's laptop gives me this error message:

Zitat

There was a problem connecting to the server "XXX.XXX.X.XXX".

This file server will not allow any additional users to log on. Try to connect again later.

Does anybody have any ideas what's wrong here?

Thanks,

Nick.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Nick0 ()

• Nick0

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Erros when trying to connect to shared drives using a Mac“ zu „Error when trying to connect to shared folders using a Mac“ geändert.
  • Hi - Did you figure out what the issue was? I'm seeing the same thing. I created a fileshare with guest access, and one for user access, but I don't (even) get a chance to log in. When I connect with my mac on the same network, the OMV server reports this:

Thank you!

Today I'm running: OMV 6.3.1 on Raspberry Pi 4 B 4GB, Raspbian 11 Bullseye 64-bit

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 33333 ()

• Hi - Did you figure out what the issue was? I'm seeing the same thing. I created a fileshare with guest access, and one for user access, but I don't (even) get a chance to log in. When I connect with my mac on the same network, the OMV server reports this:

Thank you!

Sorry, I never worked it out so and ended up installing Nextcloud using the brilliant guide on here and haven't looked back.

Good luck and if you work it out then I'd still be interested, sorry i can't help you here.

Nick.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

• I figured it out and the answer is embarrassingly simple.

At the very top of Services > SMB/CIFS > Settings (http:// <myOMV> /#/services/smb/settings) there's a check-box for "Enable" ... and ticking that fixed my issue.

I already had Storage > Shared Folders configured and Services > SMB/CIFS > Shares configured and enabled. I was so close! One check-box away.

Today I'm running: OMV 6.3.1 on Raspberry Pi 4 B 4GB, Raspbian 11 Bullseye 64-bit

• Nick0

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!