Beiträge von Nick0

EDIT#1: Just used your one and it looks like its working fine. Will update later on.

EDIT#2: All looks good. I just ssh'd in and it looks like its ripping away nicely. Thanks!

OK, sorry - here is my latest stab at it:

Hopefully this isn't totally wrong.

Ah, thanks ryecoaaron - I did try that but I get the same error:

Just seen this over in the original thread so I ventured once more into the CL and fired up nano.

Here's what I've done and I am still getting the error. Is this something to do with indentation or did I mess something else up that I can't see? I did remember to restart the container.

Code
     # HTTP response headers borrowed from Nextcloud `.htaccess`
        add_header Referrer-Policy                      "no-referrer"   always;
        add_header X-Content-Type-Options               "nosniff"       always;
        add_header X-Download-Options                   "noopen"        always;
        add_header X-Frame-Options                      "SAMEORIGIN"    always;
        add_header X-Permitted-Cross-Domain-Policies    "none"          always;
        add_header X-Robots-Tag                         "no index, nofollow"          always;
        add_header X-XSS-Protection                     "1; mode=block" always;

I did try tabbing the other lines over but that results in a red mark where I've tabbed so decided that was probably some kind of warning :!:

OK, many thanks and that all seems to make sense to me.

I'll try a rebuild as soon as I get the time and I'll post back here if when I get stuck, or (if by some other-worldly miracle); I manage to do it all by myself. I'll probably continue to dd my clones but not before checking out the link you sent me - that could be easier!

Thank you again,

Nick.

Ah, yes - I know how to install it to USB but what changes do I need to make so that it hooks up to my data drives and everything works?

I have data, Piwigo and Nextcloud on my data drives, together with all my docker stuff.

Sorry if this is vague but happy to detail anything else you may need.

Thanks,

Nick.

When flash media wears out, it goes "read only". This give the appearance to the OS of "write-protected". Until the flash devices controller detects the problem and sets the entire device to "read only", some individual storage locations (usually 4k in size) refuse to write. This means that file updates did not write or may have been "partially" written creating the potential for system files to be corrupted and / or out of sync.

What may have been written, may not have been fully written, etc., can only be a matter of speculation but if it's kernel or system file related, I wouldn't trust EXT4's journaling feature to completely clean it up.

Your call.

OK, thank you for explaining this.

How would I go about rebuilding like you said earlier?

Thanks,

Nick.

Another update.

Well, the clone seems good this time. I got a list of entries regarding orphaned files of which I vowed to remember the exact message but, as usual, a short time later I have forgotten. My bad.

After those, it booted straight into OMV. I now also have access to the web GUI again without the 502 message and I am performing an update now. I'll see how it goes for a week and if all is well I will clone the system disk to avoid this happening again. I'll resolve this thread then, too.

Just for other people's information, I think that the past two disk issues (with write-protect errors) are due to me buying cheap (SanDisk branded) USB drives off of the 'Bay. I'm not doing this again. Also, I originally was not using the flash memory plugin.

Thanks, crashtest for your help,

Nick.

Did it occur to you that you might have cloned some corrupt files?

Did it (fix itself)? Going forward, I wouldn't be surprised if odd things happen from time to time.

If it was me, I'd rebuild. With a known good install; I'd clone my boot drive when it's working properly, before there's a boot drive failure. You'd have known good backup.

Yes, I think this may have happened (corrupt files), but on the second clone only, as I had some errors on first boot (the ones that I ran fdisk on. The first time I cloned it, this didn't happen and I still have that disk, so i will clone it again. I think the first failed disk was just a write-protect problem, but the second had other issues, it would seem.

The odd things you mentioned seem to be happening as I'm getting regular emails reporting this:

"/etc/cron.daily/openmediavault-pending_config_changes:

Segmentation fault"

I'll try cloning what I believe to be the good disk and report back. I'm only doing this as I don't know how to rebuild things as you suggested.

Thanks for your help,

Nick.

Hello all,

A short while ago, my system disk failed and I fixed it in the end by cloning it using dd.

This evening, I saw the same symptoms (disk write-protected) so I cloned the disk again. There were still problems booting so I ran fdisk and agreed to all the fixes. Now when I boot up, I get an error, and on running fsck, I get this - please see the entry in red. This is one of my data disks.

Can anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks,

Nick.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say that when I try to log into the web GUI, I get a "502 - Bad Gateway" banner (in red) at the bottom of the page.

Just used this to run occ db:add-missing-indices and it worked a treat - thank you!

Hi - Did you figure out what the issue was? I'm seeing the same thing. I created a fileshare with guest access, and one for user access, but I don't (even) get a chance to log in. When I connect with my mac on the same network, the OMV server reports this:

Thank you!

Sorry, I never worked it out so and ended up installing Nextcloud using the brilliant guide on here and haven't looked back.

Good luck and if you work it out then I'd still be interested, sorry i can't help you here.

Nick.

Hi BernH,

Thanks for this.

Sorry, it's me being unclear and not explaining things properly. My docker containers are all on the data drive, like this:

Code
    root@omvper210up:~# docker info | grep Root
    Docker Root Dir: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-12e915d2-077d-412b-9876-a2ff94c50866/docker

As I said before I have two data drives in the machine, a 5TB and a 500GB

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-12e915d2-077d-412b-9876-a2ff94c50866 is the 5TB drive that my Nextcloud data is on, so that holds the docker containers for Nextcloud and Piwigo, alongside the Nextcloud data. The Piwigo data is stored on the 500GB drive.

So I think we're on the same page, or else I am totally not getting what you mean!

Cheers,

Nick.