BorgBackup Setting up 2 drives on RPI4 to sync

• Is it possible "pull" data from ex. /dev/sda/primary to /dev/sda/secondary within BorgBackup ? Can you stay within the plugin to maintain this? What about rsync and two filesystems in omv being synced remotely? Id rather not do remote.

Have not seen any specific tutorial on this but I can kinda take from multiple others to mash. whaddda yah think? :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it possible "pull" data from ex. /dev/sda/primary to /dev/sda/secondary within BorgBackup ?

Using devices? No.

Can you stay within the plugin to maintain this?

Yes. Have you tried the plugin? You create a repo on a new shared folder. Then create an archive that will backup the path you setup to the repo.

What about rsync and two filesystems in omv being synced remotely?

Sure. Once again, try it. The borg and rsync plugins are pretty easy to use.

Have not seen any specific tutorial on this but I can kinda take from multiple others to mash.

Two filesystems on the same server is pretty self-explanatory. There is a good guide about rsync between two servers. Look in the Guides forum.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• yes that is what I am doing in respect. All in all I synced from the cloud to multiple Folders and then used FreeFileSync to one share then rsync those in the plugin. Does this sound like the typical setup.?

Thank You by the way

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!