Help me install OMV with Intel e1000e NIC

• No, why did you set up the shares as guest? Please show your settings for shares in smb/cifs. I'm just looking to see what settings are when you click on edit for the share in the smb/cifs plugin.

I would turn guest off. Then take read/write away from the user (in access right management/shared folders), save and apply if it pops up. Then add user read/write again. See if that adds user to "valid users" and "write list" section of smb.conf.

PS- the reason your user had all those groups is because they were defaults on installing wheezy. You don't need anywhere near that many groups for OMV, or even for normal desktop usage in Wheezy.

PPS- Usually with my shared media folders I only have myself as read/write. If I add anyone else they would be read only. This way only one user, usually yourself, can add and delete files. A read/write users is added to valid users and write list in the smb.conf file.

• Also, here is how I set up my media folder...

/media/uuid/Media

then movies, pictures, music, etc.. subfolders would be added when I connect to the share via my windows machine. That way you don't need to set up a share for each individual media folder. So my paths would be like this with only the Media folder shared via the smb.conf.

/media/uuid/Media/movies
    /media/uuid/Media/picturres
    /media/uuid/Media/music
    etc.....

• Yeah, just take off the public and save/apply. Then remove the read/write and re add like I said above

When you create a shared folder it sets your chmod for the folder with that drop down. If you want users and others to be able to read I think it is the default choice on the drop down. You can fix this later in cli if you did no choose correct chmod like so, this is if you want read users and read others (you need read others for plex plugin).

cd /media/uuid/
    chmod -R 775 Media

adjust for your uuid and correct name of your main media folder.

• [Pictures]
    path = /media/4491dda9-9825-4aa8-9f37-a6cf2b5ea216/pool/Pictures/
    guest ok = no
    read only = no
    browseable = yes
    inherit acls = yes
    inherit permissions = no
    ea support = no
    store dos attributes = no
    printable = no
    create mask = 0755
    force create mode = 0644
    directory mask = 0755
    force directory mode = 0755
    hide dot files = yes
    valid users = "jeremy"
    invalid users =
    read list =
    write list = "jeremy"

root@omvserver:~#

This is what it gave me back after doing that

• That is what it should be for your main user that you want to be able to create/delete folders and add/delete files when connected to the share via another machine. Looks good.... :D

You will unstand all this fairly quickly and then it will be no big deal in future.

PS- Lots of people map their shares. I never do that crap. It can cause other weird things to happen. I just connect to the share when I want to add/delete anything through the network icon in Win 7.

• It is a good idea to start to use the Virtualbox plugin. Create a virtual machine of OMV and test stuff. Saves a lot of headaches on your productions machine. I usually have a clone of my vm in case I screw up a vm.

What OS are you using to connect to your shares???? and how are you connecting? Make sure you always give the user that you want to add/delete stuff to that share read/write privileges.

You can check chmod of Media foldre like so:

cd /media/UUID/
    stat Media

adjusting for your UUID and your shared folder name.

PS- There are 2 main things you need to learn about that will help you a lot, chmod and chown. chmod is privileges and chown is ownership.

• Using OS X mavericks and this was JUST working yesterday.... on two different computers.... I tried to mount the server through finder and it no longer lets me do that either saying "There are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server."

• Give me stat command on your share:

cd /media/UUID/
    stat (name of your share)

This thread will help you a lot if you read it sometime.

http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2652

PS- WaslJ and Ryeco would be more helpful with Apple OS's. I don't know if it is better to map with them or not. But in Win7 I think it is easier to connect via Network icon.

PPS- You are heading in right direction. You do not need to reinstall.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Give me stat command on your share:

cd /media/UUID/

I don't know what you're asking for here. I think I'm obviously in way over my head on this. I didn't realize that this was going to be as big of a project as it is. I've spent almost two weeks on this now and it still doesn't work. I think I just need to find another option. You both have spent WAY to much time helping me and I just don't understand enough to be useful.

• Linux is not easy. The first 2 weeks I used it I was frustrated as hell. But then you start to get your footing. It is worth the investment of your time. Takes some patience. How much have you used Linux?? I came from WHS community. It is best switch I ever made. We are patient here. There are many people that will help you.

When you create a filesystem (e.g. ext4) in OMV it is assigned a UUID. When you change directory from root to /media that is where the hard drives filesystem is mounted. There are these long numbers with dashes. When we say UUID we are referring to these numbers.

Do this...
    cd /media
    ls -la
    then do this with one of the long numbers. say it start with d38, but it will be different for you.
    cd ./d38 and then press TAB. It will autocomplete the long number and then hit ENTER. You will then be in the root of the chosen data drive.
    Try it but with the first 3 number or letters of your data drive.

PS- Soz, I forgot to give the list command (ls -la) so you can list what is in the media folder.

• Example...

/media/7834f9d6-e4f4-4648-8a91-972282b46497

to get to the root of the ext4 data drive here I do this

cd /media
    ls -la (so I can see the UUID)
    cd ./783 and then I press TAB and then hit Enter.

Now my cursor will be at:

/media/7834f9d6-e4f4-4648-8a91-972282b46497/

• root@omvserver:~# cd /media
    root@omvserver:/media# blkid
    /dev/sdc5: UUID="adca230b-32ec-475a-bf54-4221040f474c" TYPE="swap"
    /dev/sdc1: UUID="0f234674-87a9-48ac-948c-03ecdc0c0b47" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sda1: LABEL="4tbdrive1" UUID="589c0de1-b7c2-4f37-ab3e-8385322858cb" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="2tbdrive1" UUID="1d4b27f7-183c-41e5-b4ec-ae3592202954" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sdd1: LABEL="4tbdrive2" UUID="4491dda9-9825-4aa8-9f37-a6cf2b5ea216" TYPE="ext4"
    /dev/sde1: LABEL="2tbdrive2" UUID="85555d0b-eccf-4279-a92b-97a983b58279" TYPE="ext4"
    root@omvserver:/media# cd ./589c0de1-b7c2-4f37-ab3e-8385322858cb/
    root@omvserver:/media/589c0de1-b7c2-4f37-ab3e-8385322858cb#

• Yeah, there are many ways. I don't usually use blkid for this though. Once in the root of the data drive where your share resides do this:

stat (name of the share)

The stat command will give lots of useful information on the file or folder. It will give chmod, chown, etc..

chmod shows as either 3 or 4 numbers, like 775 or 0775
    chown is uid:jeremy and gid: users (as an example of jeremy being owner and users being the group)

• root@omvserver:/media/4491dda9-9825-4aa8-9f37-a6cf2b5ea216# stat pictures
    stat: cannot stat `pictures': No such file or directory
    root@omvserver:/media/4491dda9-9825-4aa8-9f37-a6cf2b5ea216#

• I think it's because pictures is in the pool directory. so running pool gets me:

root@omvserver:/media/4491dda9-9825-4aa8-9f37-a6cf2b5ea216# stat pool
    File: `pool'
    Size: 4096 Blocks: 8 IO Block: 4096 directory
    Device: 12h/18d Inode: 2 Links: 15
    Access: (2755/drwxr-sr-x) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 100/ users)
    Access: 2014-05-21 09:09:23.572054100 -0700
    Modify: 2014-05-21 17:06:49.613022413 -0700
    Change: 2014-05-21 17:06:49.613022413 -0700
    Birth: -
    root@omvserver:/media/4491dda9-9825-4aa8-9f37-a6cf2b5ea216#

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!