Beiträge von deadnbrkn84

So if I put an i5 or an i7 in it should solve my issues correct? Also I have 8gb of ram in it, is that sufficient? Now this server is not actually playing the videos as it's going to an Apple TV or Shield. All it's doing is storing the files and transcoding them.

Are you concerned about the hardware CPU swap being compatible with the motherboard? Ask the motherboard maker for a list of compatible CPUs.

If you are concerned about the software being compatible, don't be.

No strictly from a software point of view, I know the processor in question is compatible from the hardware side of things. Thanks so much for your quick response

I currently have an Intel G3420 3.2 LGA 1150 socket CPU and it’s having trouble transcoding 4k streams. I was thinking about swapping it to a i7 for better performance. Is it as simple as swapping the processor and rebooting or will it cause any issues? I’m assuming keeping the same processor architecture it should be a simple swap but I wanted to verify before getting to far into it. Thanks in advance for the help!

I *think* that I would go into snapraid and uncheck data from the drive that's failing (data3), sync it. Then "delete" the drive, power down and pull it out. Put the new drive back in and "add" the new one as data3. I just wanted to double check with some people who know more then I do that this is in fact the correct way to do it before I start tearing apart my system. Thanks so much

I have OMV 2.2.5 (stone burner) and I currently have 6 HDD's (5 + 1SSD for OS). I'm running snap raid with MFS (most free space) enabled. The setup is as follows

2 x 2TB drives (one of which is failing)
    3 x 4TB drives (one is a parity)
    1 x SSD for OS

The problem is that one of the 2TB drives is failing and I need to remove it and install a new drive. Since everything is pooled I don't know how to get just the data off that drive because it's auto balancing the load to all the drives. I can go in the GUI and "delete" the drive but I don't think it will move all the data to the other drives will it? I just need some guidance as to how to proceeded with this. "SDB" is the drive that is failing, for what it's worth. Thanks in advance.

You are awesome. That is all. Thanks so much!

I just installed the plea plugin (I've been running the Plex server off my mac mini for the last few years) and would like to move it to the server. The problem is that I'm also running Snapraid/aufs and afp (not SMB/CIFS). I have a movies, and tv shows folder that are created on the poolshare and when I direct Plex to that to search for movies it only comes up with 27 of the about 500 I have. Same thing with TV shows. I'm guessing since AUFS load balances the hdd's that it's only finding what's on one HDD? I'm not really sure what to think. Could anyone help me try and sort this out? Thanks so much ahead of time, you guys have been awesome.

Currently in my NAS I have 3 x 4tb drives, 2 x 2tb drives, and a small OS drive. One of the 2tb drives is constantly giving me a SMART error about spin up time. If I want to replace this drive with another 4tb drive how do I do this. Since the data is pooled I have no idea what's on this specific drive, and therefor really no way of backing it up without backing up the entire system and it's getting to big for that. As I'm filling it it's using most free space so it's put more of the data on the 4tb drives and this drive only has 100gb on it. Is there any way of safely swapping this drive out?

I've searched and found ryecoaaron's explanation on how to do this saying:

Turn system off.
    Put new drive in.
    Boot clonezilla.
    Clone the old drive to new drive.
    Turn system off.
    Remove old drive.
    OMV won't even know you changed drives.
    Then boot gparted-live and resize the drive to take advantage of new space.

This just concerns me because of not being able to back the whole thing up. The hard drive in question is the sdb below:

Thank you for any help, sorry if this has been asked somewhere else but I searched and couldn't find anything.

So I think I figured it out, I wasn't writing data to the poll rather each share which was pointed at the same drive. So I enabled the pool and got that all setup but now I can't write to it. It says I don't have permission even though I do in the shared folders under "pool" I can't figure out what I can't write to it. Any advice?

I just wanted it to balance the data between all the drives and it's just dumping everything on the one 4tb drive as of right now. I didn't know the pooling was only for reading. I thought if MFS was checked then it would automatically dump the data on the drive with the most free space which isn't happening right now. Am I missing something?

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

About using the 'pool' command? You need Enable Pool set on the Settings tab.

So when I enable pool then it creates a pool under whatever name I call it but then all my Shares are inaccessible. Is there a way to create a pool and copy all my data from the other shares to it? I don't know how to create a pool and get my data to it since I can't access my shares once that pool is created

root@omvserver:~# mount
    sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
    proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
    udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=10240k,nr_inodes=983656,mode=755)
    devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
    tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=788652k,mode=755)
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/0f234674-87a9-48ac-948c-03ecdc0c0b47 on / type ext4 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,discard,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)
    tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
    tmpfs on /run/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=1840660k)
    tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
    /dev/sda1 on /media/589c0de1-b7c2-4f37-ab3e-8385322858cb type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,_netdev)
    /dev/sdb1 on /media/1d4b27f7-183c-41e5-b4ec-ae3592202954 type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,_netdev)
    /dev/sdd1 on /media/4491dda9-9825-4aa8-9f37-a6cf2b5ea216 type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,_netdev)
    /dev/sde1 on /media/85555d0b-eccf-4279-a92b-97a983b58279 type ext4 (rw,noexec,relatime,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,_netdev)
    none on /media/Storage type aufs (rw,relatime,si=1527f583f0027146,create=mfs,sum)
    none on /media/4491dda9-9825-4aa8-9f37-a6cf2b5ea216/pool type aufs (rw,relatime,si=1527f583f0027146,create=mfs,sum)
    rpc_pipefs on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw,relatime)
    root@omvserver:~#