OMV6 on QNAP Ts-473a

• Offizieller Beitrag

has anyone installed OMV successfully on QNAP?

Yep, on quite a few models. I would guess that model would work alright.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any problems after?

Nope. They are basically x86 systems.

Should I install OMV on usb stick or external ssd drive?

I have run three QNAPs from usb sticks for years. Just make sure to install the flashmemory plugin. I also had a bigger qnap with OMV installed on an internal nvme drive.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

• Thanks for the info.

My Qnap has two nvme drives, 128gb each and I think they are too big to use as installation drive (waste of space).

I will go with usb stick

• Offizieller Beitrag

My Qnap has two nvme drives, 128gb each and I think they are too big to use as installation drive (waste of space).

If you install the sharerootfs plugin, you can create shared folders on the OS drive. If this is an ultra important system, nvme is going to have a substantially lower risk of failure than usb sticks. But if you backup your stick and can handle a little bit of downtime, usb sticks work well.

• What do you mean by „backup you stick” is it possible to do a backup omv after installation omv on usb stick?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do you mean by „backup you stick” is it possible to do a backup omv after installation omv on usb stick?

Yes. You can:

• Boot something like clonezilla (install omv-extras) and do an offline backup to a data disk in your system or another server on the network
    • Take the stick out and clone on a different system
    • Use the openmediavault-backup plugin - does a live backup but usually good for most systems, harder to restore though. Guide is on forum.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!