Is this a bug with default vlans ?

• Guys,

Been trying to setup a 10Gb link to my switch on OMV using an intel Dual port 520DA-2 (intel 82599 chip) network adapter.

I could not work out why my switch would not bring the port up - so i went digging into the OMV files and found this in the XML file

And here is the network screen - note this box has not had VLANs ever implemented on it - yet in the config file above VLAN ID 1 has been set - on many switches this VLAN will not be accessible or will be heavily restricted

Is this by design that this is in the file or has something gone wrong somewhere ?

Craig

• Offizieller Beitrag

s this by design that this is in the file or has something gone wrong somewhere ?

Did you add a VLAN from the menu?

If you look at the ethernet code, it doesn't do anything with the VLAN field when the type is ethernet - https://github.com/openmediava…etworkd/files/ethernet.j2

But vlan code does

https://github.com/openmediava…md-networkd/files/vlan.j2

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Nope i had not done anything with VLANs - and have just set up another interface (the 2nd port on that card) and it did the same thing when looking at the config file)

It looks like it is putting some default value in there ?

Craig

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like it is putting some default value in there ?

Yes because the data model requires an integer in there. It is being ignored anyway.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OK - i was just seeing some weird stuff on my switches and wanted to make sure this was the case. So as long as no VLANs are configured - this will be populated (as it is a required Integer field) but will be ignored and will not be appended to the packet being sent.

The Brocade/Ruckus switches default to VLAN 1 - but as untagged packets - no way to set them up with tagging - so in this case if OMV was sending out the packets with a tagged VLAN of 1 - it breaks the switching of the packets.

Craig

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!