OMV - Enabled eno3 as DHCP

Docker-;

docker network create -d macvlan \

--subnet=192.168.5.0/24 \

--gateway=192.168.5.1 \

-o parent=eno3 mail

I actually USED EXISTING LAN settings for Docker

Firefox Docker, selected mail macvlan and it grabbed 192.168.5.2

From Windows PC, I connect 192.168.5.2:3000 and BaddaBing, loads.

Also, in firefox container, you can specify whatever LAN IP you want as long as it is available.

• Interesting. So it grabbed an ip from your router? I didn't realize you could get docker to do that.

All new to me. Something in my head just didn’t like having to make another subnet, 172.x. It just didn’t seem right, where’s the port forwarding to be done to an internal subnet connecting to a subnet . I wanted it done my way, and I didn’t wanna waste a DHCP IP on the OMV NIC, so I made OMV DHCP, made the Docker to utilize the 192.168.5.0 subnet with 192.168.5.1 as GW and then manually connected Firefox Docker to use macvlan network and set it to 192.168.5.66. I connected 192.168.5.66:3000 from my 192.168.5.5 IP and it worked.

• With that being said, none of the dovecot/postfix dockers look anywhere near anything I can figure out so I’ll stick with my Slackware email servers. So at least I figure out how to do this, if ever I need a specific ip in Docker.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!