SMB Permissions not working

• Offizieller Beitrag

1- why should I use Midnight Commander? Can I move data from w10 workstation using OMV samba share, acting directly on the network folder I can map in my w10 workstation?

2- if I well understand once formatted as EXT4 the HD can be used with w10 only via SMB, is it correct?

1. A local "drive to drive" copy is faster than copying over the network. Using Midnight Commander or a command line copy, might apply if you have enough room on the existing EXT4 drive, to house the data that's currently on the EXFAT drive. Copying the data to a W10 wrk station and moving it back again is fine, but that's over the network which is slower.
    2. Yes. This is what OMV was designed to do. (NAS - "Network Attached" Storage.) SMB can store DOS file properties and with the addition of usernames and passwords, as noted in the NAS permissions doc, OMV will allow transparent user access that includes write access.

On the other hand, there are a few options to get Windows to be able to -> "read" EXT4 if you really want to attach the drive to W10. ("Write access" is another matter.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!