Setting up RAID 0 functionality on ASRock DeskMini A300 Series

• I am setting a new home server with OMV on an ASRock DeskMini A300 Barebone, which has the AMD A300 chipset and supports RAID 0 and 1. I have a pair of identical 2TB drives in the system. I've already installed OMV 6.

I'd like to stripe/RAID 0 the drives to form a single 4TB volume for data storage. I've already followed the instructions in the manual for creating a RAID 0 array in BIOS setup. Unfortunately the remainder of the manual is Windows-specific. I have not created a partition table or created partitions on the drives.

However, I'm having trouble getting the drives to be seen as a single volume. Despite having enabled hardware RAID, the drives still show up as 2 separate drives in the OMV interface on the Storage > Disk page. In the software RAID page in OMV the drives do not appear as options in the devices list. I've enabled the LVM plugin, but the drives do not show in the devices list on the LVM > Physical Volumes page either.

As an experiment, I've deleted the array in BIOS setup and set the controller to SATA instead of RAID, but this has not had any effect in OMV.

How might I either use the system's RAID functionality or stripe these driver together some other way?

Thanks.

• crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

How might I either use the system's RAID functionality

You don't, set the option in the bios to AHCI then use OMV's software raid (mdadm) to create a raid.

Do you intend on having a backup, the loss of one drive within a striped set will mean the raid is toast

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!