systemctl restart srv-mergerfs-Red.mount' with exit code '1'

• Hi,

I run OMV 6.3.8-1 (Shaitan) with kernel Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.5-amd64 and as the title says, after an upgrade, mergerfs stopped working and exited with the following error code:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; systemctl restart srv-mergerfs-Red.mount' with exit code '1': 

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; systemctl restart srv-mergerfs-Red.mount' with exit code '1':  in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:220
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/mergerfs.inc(197): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceMergerfs->restartPool(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('restartPool', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Mergerfs', 'restartPool', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

I red here in the forum similar issiues, related to the not-empty mouting point. I tried to manage to cancel the files/folder in the mounting path and refresh the perimssions, but had no luck. I don't really know exactly what I tried, because time has passed ;(

So... after about a month full of work, my setup is still bricked because about every service relay on the mergerfs drive. The drives work fine and an other thing I noticed that isn't normal is the missing file system in the dashboard (see attachment).

Hope someone can help me figure out what's the problem. ;(

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep mergerfs

sudo journalctl -u srv-mergerfs-Red.mount

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

that's the output

Code
    root@fenice:~# dpkg -l | grep mergerfs

ii  mergerfs                               2.35.1~debian-bullseye                                                                     amd64        another FUSE union filesystem
    ii  openmediavault-mergerfs                6.3.5                                                                                      all          mergerfs plugin for openmediavault.
    root@fenice:~# sudo journalctl -u srv-mergerfs-Red.mount
    -- Journal begins at Thu 2023-04-20 09:48:48 CEST, ends at Thu 2023-04-20 16:33:30 CEST. --
    -- No entries --
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You need to try to restart the mount again so that something might be in journalctl

sudo systemctl restart srv-mergerfs-Red.mount

sudo journalctl -u srv-mergerfs-Red.mount

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Something went wront 😔

• Offizieller Beitrag

It should ignore allow_other but I would try editing your pool and removing that option. Also post the output of: dpkg -l | grep mergerfs

• So, I edited the pool's option, removing "allow_other" and tried to save, but exited with the following error:

The dpkg -l | grep mergerfs outputs:

Code
    ii  mergerfs                               2.35.1~debian-bullseye                                       amd64        another FUSE union filesystem
    ii  openmediavault-mergerfs                6.3.5                                                        all          mergerfs plugin for openmediavault.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I edited the pool's option, removing "allow_other" and tried to save, but exited with the following error:

Still failing to start the pool. Post the pool's config.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess I need to trim the whitespace off the options but until then, you need to remove the spaces around the commas in the options. use_ino is also not needed since it is a default option in mergerfs now. Once you remove the spaces, it will be removed.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

• It worked! Pool is now working again! Thank you so much!😀

One last problem: I'm unable to write a folder through samba and FTP. I tried to reset permissions in service menu, giving everyone read/write but was unable to complete the task.

Any advice? Thanks again 💪

• Offizieller Beitrag

One last problem: I'm unable to write a folder through samba and FTP. I tried to reset permissions in service menu, giving everyone read/write but was unable to complete the task.

This should be a new thread but reset perms worked but the aquota files weren't change. This happens when you create a shared folder in the root of the filesystem. There are plenty of guides on how to setup samba that should help. ftp should just work after that too. I don't use either myself.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!