Problem while updating

• Hello,

I just tried to update my OMV and got folling error message in the Web GUI:

The same error occurs when I tried to run apt update via ssh.

Any thoughts?

Michael

• The same error occurs when I tried to run apt update via ssh.

Post the output inside a codebox of:

sudo omv-upgrade

• it is more or less the same error:

• it is more or less the same error:

Never saw this before.

Did you changed any configuration on the system?

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep python

Should show:

• No, I changed nothing, the last update worked.

Zitat

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep python

When I just enter "python3" in the ssh console the same error occurs, so I assume it has something to do with the Python configuration, but this is just a guess.

• When I just enter "python3" in the ssh console the same error occurs, so I assume it has something to do with the Python configuration, but this is just a guess.

Since you have more packages than I recognize, you probably have installed other things outside a "vanilla OMV".

This is out of my knowledge.

Only thing I can occur is maybe your SDcard is corrupted or your python3 install.

Without any warranties, you can try to make a clone of the OS first (for failsafe) and then try to run the install script to see if it clears the errors.

Check that OMV is proper installed with dpkg -l | grep openm

If all says ii, run the script and let it finish:

OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript: script that installs omv-extras and openmediavault if not installed already. (github.com)

As for the python3 command, it should show:

Code
    pi@panela:~ $ python3
    Python 3.9.2 (default, Feb 28 2021, 17:03:44)
    [GCC 10.2.1 20210110] on linux
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
    >>> exit()
    Use exit() or Ctrl-D (i.e. EOF) to exit
    >>> exit()
  • I only installled a few plugins but that was far before the last update.

Check that OMV is proper installed with dpkg -l | grep openm

Code
    pi@omv:~ $ dpkg -l | grep openm
    iF  openmediavault                       6.3.10-2                         all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-cputemp               6.1.3                            all          cpu temperature plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault-diskstats             6.0.3-1                          all          openmediavault disk monitoring plugin
    ii  openmediavault-filebrowser           6.0.4-1                          all          openmediavault File Browser plugin
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory           6.2                              all          folder2ram plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring               1.0                              all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg          6.1.1                            all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    pi@omv:~ $

I think the first "iF" is because the 6.3.10-2 update is not properly configured.

Will try the script later.

Anyway thanks a lot for your help!

• I think the first "iF" is because the 6.3.10-2 update is not properly configured.

Yes, dpkg CAPITAL letters means errors/issues:

command line - What do the various dpkg flags like 'ii' 'rc' mean? - Ask Ubuntu

More specific, the -F

I have to reiterate, make a clone of the OS prior to any attempt.

You will have a failsafe IMG of the SDcard (or USB stick) to come back to.

Sorry, can't help you more than this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!