Cannot connect to OMV server over VPN

• I'm having an issue where I cannot see my OMV server when I connect to my network over VPN while away from home.

The server is connected to my router using a Mellanox NIC and direct-attach cable for 10G networking.

With other devices on my network I am able to ssh and connect to web apps by typing in their local addresses to a terminal or web browser.

It seems like OMV is rejecting the outside connection.

The VPN clients are on a different subnet from my default network, but I am able to connect to other devices so I don't see this as an issue.

I plugged a different device into the SFP+ port on my router to ensure that that port didn't have a firewall rule in the router preventing the connection.

I haven't set any rules in the OMV firewall.

On my previous OMV server I could connect just fine this way but that machine did not use a 10G nic.

Any idea why I'm not able to access it?

• Hi,

In my case it is a road problem.

The IP of my VPN client is on the network at 192.168.27.0/24 and my OMV is on the IP 192.168.0.1/24

I added a route and it works now. On the other hand, I did this with a systemd service because OMV overwrites the changes...

Code
    ip route add 192.168.27.0/24 via 192.168.0.254
    Code
    192.168.0.0/24 dev enp3s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.0.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        192.168.27.0/24 via 192.168.0.254 dev enp3s0                                                                                                                                               

There may be a problem with the default route not being present.

There should be a default route 0.0.0.0/0.... ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!