Request for advice regarding system extension

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems like the system is not sharing its pci-e resources properly. I guess this could be a kernel issue for this new chip or it could be the syba controller stepping on the network adapter. I doubt it is a driver for the syba chipset (it works in many other devices I have) or the realtek network driver. Does the board have a newer bios available? It would be interesting to try even newer kernels but there isn't an easy way to do that.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Maybe I figured something out. My network controller's id is "enp3s0", but in /etc/network/interfaces ist was "enp2s0" (probably because there was only one SATA adapter during installation).

I changed /etc/network/interfaces, and at first glance, it seems to work.

Do I have to worry that the file will be overwritten the next time I change the configuration and press "apply"?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe I figured something out. My network controller's id is "enp3s0", but in /etc/network/interfaces ist was "enp2s0" (probably because there was only one SATA adapter during installation).

Your network controller id will change if you change the slot a card is in OR possibly plugging a card in to a slot if it comes before the onboard network controller. You shouldn't be seeing config in /etc/network/interfaces. You should run omv-firstaid.

I changed /etc/network/interfaces, and at first glance, it seems to work.

You shouldn't change config files because OMV will overwrite them. Also, OMV uses netplan now

Do I have to worry that the file will be overwritten the next time I change the configuration and press "apply"?

Yes. That is how OMV treats almost every config file it touches.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!