Request: Possibility for several Snapraid disk groups / config files

• Offizieller Beitrag

the config file for the first array is called omv-snapraid-114a88d2-53ed-11ed-8eee-b3f2573b9c38.conf again, so it was no accident that it was the same for both of us.

That should be a random uuid.

About the "scrub" configuration in the "Snapraid settings": Should I disable them also (as with the scheduled diff)?

How are you going to "disable" them? They are used in the diff script AND manual scrub commands in the plugin.

The "send mail" checkbox in the settings is checked, but I haven't received any mails after the manual syncs / checks. Do I have to do something else? I have setup my mail account in "System Notification"

Manual runs will never send emails but you do have to have notifications setup for the script if/when it gets fixed.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That should be a random uuid.

Maybe you forgot to call srand()? ;)

Zitat

How are you going to "disable" them?

I figured changing the scrub percentage from "100" to "0" would work.

Zitat

They are used in the diff script AND manual scrub commands in the plugin.

Ah, I didn't know that. In that case, it's a bit confusing that the scrub frequency is on the settings page and the date/time is in the diff sub-page...

Zitat

Manual runs will never send emails but you do have to have notifications setup for the script if/when it gets fixed.

Good to know.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it's a bit confusing that the scrub frequency is on the settings page and the date/time is in the diff sub-page...

Not sure what you mean. scrub frequency only applies to the diff script. There is supposed to be a diff script separator on the page but it isn't visible in the plugin version you are using. I have fixed it but will need to do a few more things before I release a new package.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

• Not sure what you mean. scrub frequency only applies to the diff script.

That's precisely what wasn't clear to me. On the settings page, it says "scrub frequency - 7 - units in days". There is no indication that this is only relevant if the diff script on the other page is activated. And I still don't understand how the "7 days" scrub frequency interacts with the scheduling settings from the diff page.

I would find it more intuitive if all settings related to the scheduled diff were on that page. (Just a suggestion)

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no indication that this is only relevant if the diff script on the other page is activated.

This is what the page is supposed to look like:

The other page is just scheduling a task to run the diff script.

And I still don't understand how the "7 days" scrub frequency interacts with the scheduling settings from the diff page.

I didn't write the diff script but it just means the script can run every day but the scrub runs every 7 days. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…in/omv-snapraid-diff#L474

I would find it more intuitive if all settings related to the scheduled diff were on that page. (Just a suggestion)

I would have to rewrite the entire scheduling system to do that.

• With the "Diff script settings" header it becomes much clearer.

So I agree that the time required to change the design would be better spent on other tasks - like integrating several arrays into the main branch... ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!