Add volume with Existing file

• OMV noobs trying to add your existing and populated Drive, and although the Drive appears, none of your saved files and folders seem to be there?

I have an Answer (but perhaps not THE answer) that is documented but not really at all.

1. So add your Volume with an Existing set of folders, and make sure the Drive is observed in "Disks"; nothing to be done, just make sure its seen otherwise there is an additional step to take which I'm not covering here.

2. Go to File System and select the "mount existing file system" and you should see the drive ID if you dont see it there may be a compatibility issue

3. Go to "Shared Folders" and select "Create"

4. here you can Create a new Folder within the volume and select "File System" which should again show the volume you checked under Disks

5. under the "Relative path" just type /, if that doesn't work name it Folder or something(check troubleshooting section below)

6. then add your permissions etc.

7. now go back to "File Systems" and you should see it and be able to mount the volume....... We're not done yet read 8 if you could not set relative path to just root " / "

Note on Troubleshooting!!

If you see the Disk, and the filesystem but CANT mount the folder then Create a new folder under the "Shared Folders" button. that folder will be Empty but it generates ownership and reads the existing folder structure but doesn't really elucidate the directories existence. This is what happened to me, just make a Random folder it doesn't matter what the name is but i named mine Games.

8. After you create the new folder in "shared Folder" simply Edit the Shared folder entry and modify the "Relative path" by selecting the "Browse Directory" button which will appear on the Relative path line After you've made a new folder, and scroll up until you see the root forward slash " / " or just type the forward slash / and it should show the entire directory from the shared folder view.

I'm not sure why i couldn't just use the "/" but it wouldn't accept it when i first initiated the Disk and attempted to mount it. I hope this makes sense and will be back later to add some screen shots.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!