OMV - Onedrive plugin - Not started and permissions issue on synced files and folders

• Hi everyone,

I need help. But please be cool, I am french and a noob with Linux and permissions… :)

A few days ago I have installed OMV6 and onedrive plugin on my RPI 4 and successfully authenticated with microsoft/onedrive.

But 2 issues not solved despite many hours of testing and syncing ...:

1) While being activated in the menu, onedrive plugin remains red in the dashboard and there is no syncing.

When I perform a manual sync via the client (« onedrive –synchronize »), syncing is ok.

The only way to get permanent syncing is running OneDrive service via systemd :

"systemctl --user enable onedrive"

"systemctl --user start onedrive"

How can I get the plugin started (always green) in OMV and manage start/stop of sync in OMV UI ?

2) second issue is that I don't have permissions for group and others on the synced folders and files. So unable to open, update or delete them when I try to open them in the omv onedrive shared folder from ms windows explorer.

Examples :

- file "IONX0017.MP4" : « -rw------- 1 jymorel users 82592305 Apr 21 2017 IONX0017.MP4 »

- folder « sauv_ccleaner » : « drwx------+ 2 jymorel admins 4096 Oct 4 12:09 sauv_ccleaner »

Any idea and recommendation would be appreciated.

Thank you

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Ok thank you. I did so many things ... so I don't remember exactly what…

I am sure that I first used omv-onedrive command but maybe not as root user...

Yesterday I did some cleaning of the previous synced files and settings.

I used again omd-onedrive as root user in the CLI application.

Today onedrive plugin is green in OMV UI and syncing is complete and operational !

But I still have permission issue to open files in the omv onedrive shared folder from ms windows explorer.

And even as a root user, impossible for me to find the shared and synced folders via the CLI. So impossible to display the permissions via « ls –l »

What I'm doing wrong ?

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Hi,

Back again after several unsuccessfull days of testing sync between onedrive and omv <X .

Completely stuck with the permissions (sorry if it is very difficult between linux and me ...).

Sync is ok between my windows onedrive folders on my PCs and the shared onedrive folder on OMV server on the PI. Files and folders are transfered in the 2 ways.

Everything is ok after the first manual sync (command « onedrive --synchronize –resync » as root). I am able to open all folders and files on the 2 sides.

But once sync is automatically done by the onedrive service, things are getting complicated …

If I create/update files on onedrive side, after sync I get permission issues in Windows when I try to open them from the network drive pointing to the OMV onedrive sync folder shared via smb. I have tried tu use different users in the onedrive client in OMV settings for onedrive service but same issue.Certainly not a good idea, but I alse tried to change permissions in the onedrive plugin config file (config options 'sync_dir_permissions' = ‘777’ and 'sync_file_permissions' = ‘666’

Any suggestion before I uninstall definitively onedrive plugin and OMV … ?

Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!