[Titel changed] How to cope with subfolders?

• Hi all,

I don't know where to put this thread so I put here. Please feel free to shift to any subforum...

So here is my question: I want to share my media files in a way of Media/Music, Media/Films etc. So I directly created a shared folder called Media/Musik (look at the screenshot), gave the users their rights like I successfully did with all the other folders I already created and shared. Now when I want to access it using Ubuntu's Nautilus that folder can't be mounted (something like that).
    Now what is my mistake? Do I have to create the Media folder first and than in it the next folder Musik? I don't want to have anything in Media except mentioned subfolders. How do I have to set permissions?

Thank you for your help.

fahrer17

Edit: Okay, managed to fix it: I created Media and in it my subfolders. It was my fault when creating directly e.g. Media/Musik.

• Select the volume you want to put the share on and then fill in the name. If you want the share in the root of the data drive just press TAB after filling in the name and it will auto-fill the path.

• tekkbebe, thank you for your reply. I already found out how to do it.
    But actualy I'm not quite sure any more: I want my NAS to serve it's media files for my XBMC RasPi. Now somehow OMV seems to mix up my media folders.
    I want a structure like that:

Media
    -Films
    --Film_1
    --Film_2
    -Musik
    --Artist_1
    --Artist_2
    etc.

So I created Musik and put some folders containing artists in it. But I have the same folders in Films. And deleting a folder in e.g. Films deletes it as well in Musik; creating one in Musik means creating one in Films! :o

What the h*** is going on here?

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

Western Digital WD Blue SN570

Seagate IronWolf 8TB/WD Red 8TB

AeroCool CS-102

• Please post a screenshot of shared folders and detailed settings for each share.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Oh, when looking at the screenshots, I have an idea: I didn't create individual folders but somehow managed to "mount" the same folder (=Media) three times with different names (Musik, Filme, TV-Serien)...?

Can this be possible?!?

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

AeroCool CS-102

• You shared the same folder three times... no wonder why you have these "problems.

Delete the shared folder entrys and make them right. (need to remove them from services first)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Right, recreated my Musik- and Films-subfolders INSIDE Media INSTEAD using Media itself, doublechecked the permissions of Media itself and now everythings works as it's supposed to do :)

But I still wonder how I could use the Media folder with several different names...?!

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

AeroCool CS-102

• Why not ^^...

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!