Make server appear with drive symbol

• i have a raspberry pi 4 omv server set up but in windows 10 network section it shows up like this:

(circled is the server)

when i click onto it it comes like this:

each of the folders above is a separate drive.

i want it to appear with this symbol:

How to Map Network Drive in Windows 10

both in the network menu and once i click onto it

• Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Plugins - compose, cputemp, omv-extras, sharerootfs.

Drives - 512gb SSD Boot, 1tb nvme Data, 16TB (8tbx 2 merg) Media,

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• ive already got users i just want the omv server to appear with that icon in windows 10 network center

read the rest past the users? step 5 ?

Dell 3050 Micro, i5-6500T, 8GB Ram

Docker - dozzle, netdata, nginx-proxy-manager, plex, prowlarr, qbittorrentvpn, radarr, sonarr, watchtower.

• ive already got users i just want the omv server to appear with that icon in windows 10 network center

What's so difficult in changing the icon on Windows?

• i know that it shows as a drive when mounting but i want it to show as a drive before i mount it, meaning it should show as a drive, not a computer in windows network centre

Can not be done. unless you find the icon in system32 and change it.

• can i not make the pi advertise itself as a drive to windows?

Yes I showed you my guide which does this??? Have you not read it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

your guide makes it advertise as a folder not a drive

OMV or even a Windows server can't advertise a samba share as a drive. You can mount a samba share as a drive letter on your Windows client though but OMV can't help with that. Just google "map network drive".

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV or even a Windows server can't advertise a samba share as a drive. You can mount a samba share as a drive letter on your Windows client though but OMV can't help with that. Just google "map network drive".

okay but when i click onto the server it shows the folders but i want them to be shown as drives. i am sure this is possible as ive done it before with a manual samba nas

• Offizieller Beitrag

when i click onto the server it shows the folders but i want them to be shown as drives. i am sure this is possible as ive done it before with a manual samba nas

You mean you just want the icon for the samba share to look like a drive rather than a folder? I've run samba on Linux for 15+ years and I don't know this would be accomplished since the config is just looking a path on the Linux system. But I also didn't care what the icon looks like. Did you look at the OMV generated smb.conf to see what was different than when you manually configured samba?

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.7

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• your guide makes it advertise as a folder not a drive

It is mounting a OMV folder as a Drive!

• okay but when i click onto the server it shows the folders but i want them to be shown as drives. i am sure this is possible as ive done it before with a manual samba nas

So you want a OMV share foldrer to mount as a drive and than mount drives in this drive?..... OMV so folders in the folder? within a folder for a folder but shown as a drive. So a folder in a folder than pass by a folder to show in a folder as a folder something like this?

• So you want a OMV share foldrer to mount as a drive and than mount drives in this drive?..... OMV so folders in the folder? within a folder for a folder but shown as a drive. So a folder in a folder than pass by a folder to show in a folder as a folder something like this?

ummm

• ummm

So you want to mount a OMV share as a drive on windows and than in the drive have more mounted drives? Can't be done.

• This is what it looks like for me.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!