Raid Card H710 and SMART data, PERCLI

• Running an old server Dell T420 with Dell H710 raid card. OMV 6 with (7) 1TB SAS drives. The drives are enterprise quality but old. With the raid card, i cannot see any smart data through OMV.

Dell offers "percli" for CLI useage. Has anyone used this and are there specifics that I should be wary of?

• smartctl -h #help

smartctl -H /dev/sda # Show device SMART health status

#-d TYPE, --device=TYPE

Specify device type to one of:

ata, scsi[+TYPE], nvme[,NSID], sat[,auto][,N][+TYPE], usbasm1352r,N, usbcypress[,X], usbjmicron[,p][,x][,N], usbprolific, usbsunplus, sntasmedia, sntjmicron[,NSID], sntrealtek, jmb39x[-q],N[,sLBA][,force][+TYPE], jms56x,N[,sLBA][,force][+TYPE], areca,N/E, 3ware,N, hpt,L/M/N, megaraid,N, aacraid,H,L,ID, sssraid,E,S, cciss,N, auto, test

Version

7.0-18 (Sandworm)

Processor

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3460T @ 3.00GHz

Kernel

Linux 6.1.0-16-amd64

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I don't know about the Dell H710, you might want to search the net to see if the card can be flashed to IT mode.

I flashed a Dell H200 that I'm still using. After the flash, it was a straight forward non-RAID JDOB adapter with transparent SMART pass through. Here's the -> thread that generally covers the topic. (Note that it's possible to brick the card.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!