Cannot mount filesystem (with RAID 1, LUKS and LVM)

• Hi everyone, im having issues mounting a filesystem.

What I've done:

1. Created Software RAID 1 with 2 drives
    2. Enabled LUKS encryption with the omv-plugin
    3. Unlocked LUKS encryption
    4. Enabled LVM plugin (omv-plugin)
    5. Created a LVM Physical Volume
    6. Created a LVM Volume Group
    7. Created 2 seperate LVM Logical Volumes
    8. Created EXT4 Filesystem for one of these logical volumes

Now I was trying to mount it but when trying to apply the pending configuration changes, after a second or two this error pops up everytime. I even restarted the operating system (of course unlocked the LUKS container).

I can say that I found this UUID in the docker inspect command when I checked my running docker containers listed as:

Zitat

"MergedDir": "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-ca1d42af-c7b9-4520-9e3a-865a09d5fffc/docker/overlay2/26433e97be9dc284702480812329bb2ae98d39e385e1a6a1ac88bc214c1f89c2/merged",

"UpperDir": "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-ca1d42af-c7b9-4520-9e3a-865a09d5fffc/docker/overlay2/26433e97be9dc284702480812329bb2ae98d39e385e1a6a1ac88bc214c1f89c2/diff",

"WorkDir": "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-ca1d42af-c7b9-4520-9e3a-865a09d5fffc/docker/overlay2/26433e97be9dc284702480812329bb2ae98d39e385e1a6a1ac88bc214c1f89c2/work"

However these are located on the system SSD which is not being used for any storage. Just a few docker containers and OMV run on this. I dont understand why this could be a problem.

Thanks in advance!

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

LVM on LUKS on Raid is just asking for timing issues especially on boot. If you add docker on top of that, it will be even worse. It is very possible that you need to apply changes at each level.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi! Thanks for the reply! Why would there be timing issues on boot? The LUKS container will have to be manually decrypted before LVM and so on is even a thing? Since im not an expert, what would you suggest I should do? And also why would a /srv/ directory on my main SSD be removed as the error states?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why would there be timing issues on boot? The LUKS container will have to be manually decrypted before LVM and so on is even a thing?

the system doesn't even know about luks till the raid array is assembled. But some things will time out waiting if things are not ready. Most of the time it is a service like Docker that will start even though the filesystem is not ready. LUKS is usually the biggest problem. Just search the forum (and the internet) for examples.

what would you suggest I should do?

I don't use luks, lvm (except occasionally on VMs), or raid at home. I do use them at work but they are not needed + simple is the most reliable in my opinion.

And also why would a /srv/ directory on my main SSD be removed as the error states?

That is docker trying to remove a temporary overlay filesystem. This is very common for docker when it is removing a container. I don't know why your system failed at it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• I see, thank you. I will try to redo the system and then for the data drives use raid1 with luks and ext4 file system only. I cannot imagine why docker would even care if itself is only on the boot drive which is not luks encrypted.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I cannot imagine why docker would even care if itself is only on the boot drive which is not luks encrypted.

Your output tells me that docker is on the data disk since the overlay filesystem is on /srv/. Since your system is not in front of me and I have no idea what you are doing with it, I can't say why it is failing. And docker will care if you have any containers set to autostart and they have volume(s) on the luks encrypted storage.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!