Renamed NIC not showing on OMV Web GUI

• Hi,

I installed a network adapter (usb 3.0 x eth 2.5g), but the system associated a very strange name (e.g.: enxc84d4429748a), so I decided to rename it to "enx1s0", creating a file "/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules", with the following content:

SUBSYSTEM=="net", ACTION=="add", DRIVERS=="r8152", ATTR{address}=="c8:4d:44:29:74:8a", NAME="enx1s0"

I rebooted the system, the device was renamed as expected, however, when trying to configure it through OMV, it was no longer listed.

In order to get around the problem, I went to the "/etc/netplan" directory, and made a copy of the file "20-openmediavault-enp1s0.yaml" to "20-openmediavault-enx1s0.yaml", making the necessary adjustments, followed by of the "netplan try" and "netplan apply" commands...

I rebooted the system again, and the interface, previously renamed, was now also active and with the IP addressed in my DHCP... everything appeared Ok, however, when I consulted the interface again in OMV, it was still not displayed :(

Anyway, everything is working, except for the fact that the OMV doesn't display it, and that leaves me very "intrigued" and "frustrated".

Note: Not even through omv-firstaid, the interface is listed... to me it doesn't make sense, since before it was displayed with the original name, before the rename.

Gentlemen, what's the catch here?! What do I need to do to reflect the settings made at the OS level in the OMV ?!

Thank you very much in advance for your attention

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • So... More "simple" than I imagined, however, I lacked the necessary knowledge regarding the subject "Predictable Network Interface Names" ;)

Available from various sources on the internet, but more simply and directly explained at https://www.thomas-krenn.com/e…e_Network_Interface_Names

Basically, I was violating the rules of the standard, appropriating/maintaining the "enx" prefix that is associated with the "mac address" of the network interface, therefore, "enx1s0" is something that is invalid, therefore, not recognized by the OMV.

As I didn't want to return to the old name (long and "weird"), now, knowing the valid/acceptable standards, I renamed the interface again, from "enx1s0" to "enp2s0" (enp1s0 is my main interface), and that's it, After booting, OMV recognized the new interface, now with the customized name.

Everything Ok now... I hope to help other people with the same question/"problem" ;)

• wbrione

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!