Upgrade experience 6.x -> 7.x

• Hi,

I just want to report my challenges during upgrade if it helps someone. Challenges mainly are due to custom modifications I did to the system (as always).

After executing the upgrade it told me to restart but to keep an eye on installing openmediavault-md. That failed because package "openmediavault" is still 6.x. That got my attention and it looks like a problem is the wsdd package:

Code
    Die folgenden Pakete haben unerfüllte Abhängigkeiten:
     openmediavault : Hängt ab von: wsdd (>= 0.7.0) aber 0.7+gitc87819b soll installiert werden
                      Hängt ab von: systemd-resolved soll aber nicht installiert werden
    E: Probleme können nicht korrigiert werden, Sie haben zurückgehaltene defekte Pakete.

I then downloaded openmediavault-md and installed it without dependencies which was stupid and should not be done that way :)

The solution was to force the installation of wsdd=2:0.7.0-2.1 over wsdd=0.7+gitc87819b (apt install wsdd=2:0.7.0-2.1). I don't know the cause the upgrade failed, but it might have been one of my apt preferences setup.

Login to the webinterface did not work (probably because the omv package failed during the upgrade and the wrong config files were deployed), error was:

Code
    2023/12/10 21:45:32 [crit] 6046#6046: *18 connect() to unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.10.57, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /rpc.php HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.4-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock:", host: "my.domain", referrer: "my.domain/"

I thought a reboot might fix it, however, the system did not come up again but I don't know why. It is headless and did respond to ping but all ports were closed. A hard reset brought it up then. But web still not worked. The thing it probably fixed was omv-salt deploy run phpfpm, but before I also made also deploy run nginx and webgui.

Now I am wondering if there are many other salt deploys missing from the upgrade because the upgrade of the openmediavault main package failed in the first place. FOr example, my VMs are coming up fine but the are not listed by the kvm plugin:

Code
    Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.

OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call()
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

For now everything essential works and I will have a look at the remaining stuff in the next days.

Cheers

• I am using bare metal x86

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Another thing I just came accross:

I had a borgbackup user to send backups to my NAS via borg. The setup was done in parallel to OMV. The home folder is directly the backup folder in which there was a .ssh/authorized_keys file. Since OMV is now overtaking the SSH config that needs adjustment. The user was automatically added to group _ssh, however, the authorized_keys file was not used. I had to add the key via the webinterface to the user to enable login again.

I read before to make sure all users are added to _ssh group, but did not know about the key files.

[edit]

Just saw that this change automatically added the borgbackup user to the "users" group. Maybe that was the important step? I can not remove it from the users group via web interface.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!