Strange and maybe changed behaviour of Samba when creating files in folders with ACLs with OMV6

• Hello there,

I am currently observing a strange behaviour of an OMV6 that was previously OMV4. Upgrade error my arse: I have already made a fresh test installation of OMV6, where Samba behaves identically when creating new files.

After the upgrade from OMV4 to OMV6, users reported problems with the permissions of new files in folders. Although neither the configuration of Samba nor the ACLs at command level had changed, SAMBA now creates files that only have write permissions for the group, but no longer have read permissions. In the SMB shares, "Inherit ACLs" and "Inherit Permissions" are activated and ACLs are used. This may be suboptimal, but it has always worked without any problems on OMV4.

Has anyone here ever observed this phenomenon? I suspect that Samba's behaviour has changed, but I can't quite understand why it is like this now. Of course, the original behaviour would be desirable. I cannot find any explanation why the file only gets Write for the group "testgroup".

Here are the steps to reproduce the behaviour:

Testfolder: "testfolder"

Testgruppe: "testgroup"

Testuser: "tna"

1. Storage > Shared Folders > Create > "testfolder" (Administrator: read/write, Users: no access, Others: no access)

2. Users > Groups > "testgroup" - member: tna

3. Services > SMB/CIFS > Shares "testfolder" with Inherit ACLs X and Inherit Permissions X, everything else ist default.

4. Storage > Shared Folders > Persmission > Read/Write für "tna"-User and "testgroup"

Some more details:

Code
    root@omv6test:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-5324294a-2f0e-44a7-b35a-861f808afdc8/testfolder# ls -la
    insgesamt 8
    drwxrws---+ 2 root users 4096 11. Dez 22:34 .
    drwxr-xr-x  4 root root  4096 11. Dez 21:44 ..
    -rw--w----+ 1 tna  users    0 11. Dez 22:34 456.txt

Code
    root@omv6test:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-5324294a-2f0e-44a7-b35a-861f808afdc8/testfolder# getfacl 456.txt
    # file: 456.txt
    # owner: tna
    # group: users
    user::rw-
    group::---
    group:testgroup:rwx             #effective:-w-
    mask::-w-
    other::---

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!