docker-compose build from webinterface for compose files

• Hi there,

Not sure if im just missing something, but currently if I have a compose file that includes build instructions instead of just pulling from the hub. how do i Initiate a build without going to the shell and doing docker-compose -f path_to_compose build?

As i can pull the new images from hub that are part of the file, but not build the builded containers before doing an up to replace the running containers.

I can do a down and then prune and up which builds, but that isn't nice for minimal downtime.

maybe there is an option somewhere i just don't see for how todo a build from interface?

Thanks a lot for the nice plugin :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had originally thought people would build images from a Dockerfile in the Dockerfile tab. Then just reference that image in their compose file. But I can look at adding a build button on the Files tab.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• To be honest i don't use the other tabs at all with the plugin.

I only use the files tab and the container tab.
    So to see logs of the container and to modify my compose files and up and down them etc.

Since i had everything before just manually on a system and i migrated my full compose files directly to the omv plugin.

So there was never a need to split my compose files into individual dockerfiles. it pulls the dockerfile in my case directly from git.

Adding a button would be amazing. thank you so much!

• Offizieller Beitrag

7.0.4 is in the repo with the build menu on the Files tab. It has a build button that just runs build. It also has a Pull and Build button that runs build --pull (which always attempt to pull a newer version of the image).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!